Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early Childhood Education DIT

Options
  • 14-07-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I just got a place as a mature student on this course.
    Has anyone any info about the timetable for this course? Do the classes run late into the afternoon? I am a mature student with 2 school going children and want a realistic idea of the schedule to help me plan for Sept and beyond? What time do you leave college each evening? What is the work placement hours each week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Hi,
    I just got a place as a mature student on this course.
    Has anyone any info about the timetable for this course? Do the classes run late into the afternoon? I am a mature student with 2 school going children and want a realistic idea of the schedule to help me plan for Sept and beyond? What time do you leave college each evening? What is the work placement hours each week?

Hey, I'm going into 2nd year of this course so I can tell you about 1st year :)

Timetable varies depending on which group you're with, you can be in between 9 and 4 each day though there's usually at least one day a week where you're out at like 1 or start late. Placement is either every Tuesday or Wednesday for 6 hours, you can talk to your supervisor is you need a bit of leeway there though.

It's roughly around 20-25 hours a week, but you would need to have a fair bit more time set aside for extra reading etc. If it's the same as last year, you won't get an assignment due until the end of November and there'll only be 2 assignments in first semester, so use that as time to do loads of extra reading, trust me you'll need it, wish I had been told that!

This was my timetable last year.

5QJnPP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marg1000000

Thanks a lot, you have been very helpful. I am so glad to get all that info it has really given me a good idea of what to expect. Thanks again and best of luck in second year.

Advertisement