Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B & O Needle/Cart

• 14-07-2013 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Hey there, I picked up a B&O Beogram 2000 today (for mega cheap) Its powered and spinning etc but has no Cart/Needle. I know they dont make them any more and I'm looking at www.sound-smith.com who make carts for crazy money.
    My question is, are there any other sites that sell compatible carts for B&O systems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

bombidol wrote: »
    Hey there, I picked up a B&O Beogram 2000 today (for mega cheap) Its powered and spinning etc but has no Cart/Needle. I know they dont make them any more and I'm looking at www.sound-smith.com who make carts for crazy money.
    My question is, are there any other sites that sell compatible carts for B&O systems?

well there's a reason those decks are so cheap. The cart is bespoke B&O and modern versions cost between €150 - €200 which is more than the turntable is worth. You could change the arm and use another cart but again.... it's messy and costs more than the turntable is worth. If you do pursue this route be aware that there were 2 Beogram 2000 decks, one from the 70s and one from the 80s. The 80s one wasn't great new so it might be time to take a deep breath and look elsewhere. Project and Rega both produce turntables at sensible money just make sure your amp has a phono stage or that's more expense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

^^
    This

Better off spending the cash on a turntable. Not really answering your question, but its the best I've got..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Its the 70s version as it has the adjustable speed wheel on the chassis. I know there are great TTs for reasonable money but the BO is so nice looking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It is a pretty piece of kit all right. Sound smith is really your only option as far as I know. And you'd buy an awful lot of pretty for what they're charging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Looks like soundsmith sell an adapter from BO arm to standard cart. Much cheaper too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement