Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Question -Possibly stupid :)

Options
  • 14-07-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

A quick two for ye. A friend asked me to optimise his site a few weeks back. I'm about half way through doing it and although I've a good bit of work done, it's not effecting his ranking yet.

Now I'm waiting on access to see his Analytics and access to his webmasters tools still to see what kind of traffic is going to the site.

My question is, do I need to do something in Webmaster tools to get Google to pick up on the new content?

Also is the "Flesch Reading Ease test" important in SEO?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dxter

There are no stupid questions. Google webmaster tools provide you with a lot of information so it would be good if you could get the access as soon as possible. However it is not the end of the world. For Google to pick the new content you want to include it in sitemap. It is good practice to have link to sitemap in the robots.txt file on the server. This way you can insure that google will find the content.

Also since you are optimizing the website you are probably creating links from external sources to your new content therefore google will pick it up as well.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JJ10

Yeah would agree with Dxter on this. Once the on page work is completed you should consider a small link building campaign. Just make sure not to break from best practice on this. Don't want a penalty this early in play. Also if the site/business is something that social works well with then I would really consider building out a real in depth strategy too

Advertisement