Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting posts

Options
  • 14-07-2013 11:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Why can a person only report 1 post every 60 seconds. Twice I have found people posting s*** all over the site. Trying to report them but restriction slowing things down alot.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If their spamming all over the place its better to report the user here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056955066 in the spammer notification thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Reporting a post creates a thread in the reported posts forum - the same floodgate limit applies to every forum here to stop spammers flooding the site with crap.

Even mods can't report more frequently than one per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Why can a person only report 1 post every 60 seconds. Twice I have found people posting s*** all over the site. Trying to report them but restriction slowing things down alot.

It annoys me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I suppose I am not talking about spamming as such but have seen new posters come on posting inappropriate material on the site. For example a few months ago a guy was posting pics of 14 year olds in the easy on the eye thread in TGC and other crap elsewhere. Maybe a note in the spamming thread would still have been the best place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When a post is reported, all Moderators and Category Moderators get an email. So for example, if something is reported in tGC, then the following people all get an email immediately: awec, D'Agger, Panthro, sam34, ToxicPaddy, Dades, Ickle Magoo, nesf and Scofflaw.

In addition to that, if you post to the Spammers thread in the feedback forum, any admins who are subscribed to that thread (me included) will get an instant email saying that there is a new spammer to deal with.

If you follow both of those protocols, there is rarely a situation where someone is posting crap for more than a few minutes.

There is also a technique called "9 Pointing" which any mod can do to any user who is on the rampage posting crap. It essentially means giving one user 9 infraction points which means they are automatically sitebanned for a week (which is more than enough time for us to deal with them permanently).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thanks Mr E.
    It should be said that in both cases TGC mods sorted it out in a few minutes so I have no issue with the response times.
    My query was more about why you couldn't report more than one post a minute which was answered by Steve below.

Thanks for the clarification gents:)

Advertisement