Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a gaming PC

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone, I'm looking to build a decent gaming Pc that will be able to run all the newest games at full or medium settings. The purpose of this Pc is primarily gaming but i will be doing programming and other heavy tasks ie: Adobe Photoshop. My budget for this pc is between 800 to 900 euro. I'm leaning to Intel processor's and Nvidia gpu. I will not be needing a copy of windows os or any peripherals. If anyone has any ideas it will be much appreciated. Many thanks smcraft8.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Fill this in please.

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 9 smcraft8

budget: 800 to 900 euros
    Purpose: prgramming and gaming
    i have a copy of windows os
    i dont have any parts i can use from my previous computer
    i dont need a monitor or any peripherals
    no i am not willing to try over clocking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 davidholla

Item|Price
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€57.40
    Cooltek Antiphon Black, ohne Netzteil|€61.13
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 760, 2GB DDR5|€232.04
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 700W|€80.39
    8GB-Kit G.Skill Sniper PC3-14900U CL9-10-9-28|€64.82
    Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s|€85.04
    Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, boxed, LGA1155|€204.81
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Sockel 1155, ATX|€123.89
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€928.51

You can save 40 if you don't want to add a second graphics card down the line on the power supply. Also can save 50 on the motherboard as well if you don't want. But SLI performance is brill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 smcraft8

thanks for the replys
    how would the intel xeon processor compare to a i5 or i7 ivy brigde processor?
    i have never heard of zotac should i be wary about buying from them?
    will this build be able to run all my games at max settings at around 50 to 60 fps?

Advertisement