Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Advice

Options
  • 15-07-2013 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I currently have Radeon HD 5770.

I am thinking of getting either a Radeon HD 7950 or a Radeon HD 7790.

Would either of those cards to be worthwhile upgrade from a 5770?

My PC is a Dell Studio XPS 8100, and I have an Intel Core i7 860 (2.6 GHz and 4 cores), and my PSU can handle 350w according to the spec sheet.

Now if I went for the Radeon HD 7790, I don't think I would need a new PSU, as its power requirements are relatively low. However 350w is pretty low, so maybe I should get a new PSU in anyways. Any recommendations in that regard would be welcome.

Also, I think my processor is still good enough, and I think my only upgrade option would be an Intel Core i7 870, and I am not sure that would be worth the money to upgrade.

I would mostly use the system for web browsing and media, but I do like to play games as well, so would want a system that could handle games at 1080p.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement