Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get on top of the Elysian

Options
  • 15-07-2013 10:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭

I would like to take a pic of the city at night ... is there any chance of being let up there for even 15 minutes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

No, they consider it trespassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

I'm not going to tresspass. Of course I would ask for permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I would like to take a pic of the city at night ... is there any chance of being let up there for even 15 minutes?

Contact NAMA and say you want to visit one of the buildings they own on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kia_Kaha

The official website lists O'Flynn Construction - I'd contact them first http://www.oflynnconstruction.ie/contact.html
    Good luck - let us know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I've gotten up there as part of a viewing.

Bit bold of me really, I'd no interest in buying, just wanted a nosey.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    I've gotten up there as part of a viewing.

Bit bold of me really, I'd no interest in buying, just wanted a nosey.

I heard if you want a viewing, you need to show a bank balance of €150,000 before they even look at you.

Can you loan me the amount for the day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I heard if you want a viewing, you need to show a bank balance of €150,000 before they even look at you.

Right, I'll transfer over €450,000 but you have to return €250,000 after the cheque clears...

email me at princecantdecideofboards@hotmail.com

Eeep. Probably due to people like me messing them about at the start. Sorry guys. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

evilivor wrote: »
    Contact NAMA and say you want to visit one of the buildings they own on your behalf.

They don't own it, anymore than a bank owns every house that has a mortgage with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Sounds like an urban myth to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

If you hang around town at night, wait till you hear some lad boasting about how his dad owns the top penthouse. Then challenge his claim, and then within 20 mins you'll be up the top. Worked for my friends anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

A photo here that I took from the Penthouse a few years back,when it was just built.

the elysian,cork.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Get inside a large cardboard box and have a friend post it to the penthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

For the last few years the penthouse has been open to the public for a time during the Saturday of heritage week .August 17 is the start date of this years heritage week . The queues were very long last time but queue early and you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

For the last few years the penthouse has been open to the public for a time during the Saturday of heritage week .August 17 is the start date of this years heritage week . The queues were very long last time but queue early and you should be fine

That's the county hall you're thinking of I'd say! :)

So the county hall has a penthouse too. Feckin celtic tiger, ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Adro947 wrote: »

No it's the Elysian alright ( although the county hall may well be open that day too . )

Adro947 wrote: »

The elysian was open alright

http://www.corkheritageopenday.ie/thebuildings/commercialbuildings/buildings/mainbody,20051,en.html

But not at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Reception to the Elysian is just in behind El Vinos, it is usually manned between 10 in the morning to 10 at night. The manager of the building is usually there during the day, maybe a nice hello and request may get you up to one of the apartments. None of the top apartment on the tower have a full 360 view if I remember correctly apartment 118 has the best out door viewing deck. One of the other penthouses is occupied so will be nogo.

They stopped doing heritage day for last couple of years, in the Elysian. It involved loads extra security and was a serious pain for residents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

infosys wrote: »
    They stopped doing heritage day for last couple of years, in the Elysian. It involved loads extra security and was a serious pain for residents.

Sounds right, don't remember it being on the list last year.

Last year the only penthouse open for heritage day was in the Clarion hotel which was kind of a disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Silentbob2012

infosys wrote: »

Wonder how many actual residents there are in this white elephant? Or for that matter how many apartments/suites are occupied. Curious.

Wonder how many actual residents there are in this white elephant? Or for that matter how many apartments/suites are occupied. Curious.

211 apartment is the total number, currently 70 occupied with I believe close to 100 by end of next year. The commercial space is I would guess 50% occupied with both Rabo bank and Euro medic being the main one. Euro medic has increased it's space at least once.

They are doing tours of The Elysian again this year for Cork Heritage Open Day (Sat august 23rd) it's free but you have to book a ticket in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

good call + thanks for the reminder about this. I viewed the Masonic's building on Tuckey street last year, interesting enough.

http://www.corkheritageopenday.ie/thebuildings/commercialbuildings/buildings/mainbody,20051,en.html

Telephone 021 - 4343111
    Opening Hours 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
    -Saturday 23rd Aug only.

LeNNoX wrote: »
    good call + thanks for the reminder about this. I viewed the Masonic's building on Tuckey street last year, interesting enough.

Telephone 021 - 4343111
    Opening Hours 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
    -Saturday 23rd Aug only.

Booking for the Elysian tours through the Everyman box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

calnand wrote: »
    If you hang around town at night, wait till you hear some lad boasting about how his dad owns the top penthouse. Then challenge his claim, and then within 20 mins you'll be up the top. Worked for my friends anyway.

haha I know that lad. Can definitely confirm this method would work.

Advertisement