Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cabinets ?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Well, I was just wondering will there be new cabinets made for efibre and I know that eircom have upgraded the old dsl ones and the exchange of course bu t will there be more efibre cabinets where there was never an old dsl cab and if so will there be a cabinets put down if there is many people in the vacinety
    Thanksimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcBB8mQCDYUr-jUWVfH1OglrtKc2NtuJBWePw0gXPIt-qsblVc_w

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Well, I was just wondering will there be new cabinets made for efibre and I know that eircom have upgraded the old dsl ones and the exchange of course bu t will there be more efibre cabinets where there was never an old dsl cab and if so will there be a cabinets put down if there is many people in the vacinety
    Thanks
    Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Our response is quite simular to what has already been advised to you : http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056986429/2#post85461858

There will not be new cabinets installed for efibre where there was never old DSL cabinets.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Our response is quite simular to what has already been advised to you : http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056986429/2#post85461858

There will not be new cabinets installed for efibre where there was never old DSL cabinets.

Thanks

Al
    Ok even though I have seen several new cabinets but from what from what your telling me they must be for looks so yeah.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ok even though I have seen several new cabinets but from what from what your telling me they must be for looks so yeah.....

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Until an new cabinets have been fully installed and connected to the efibre network as well as the system being updated and the line checker - https://secure.eircom.net/fibre

Stating it is available to the address (an the order can be issued) or efibre sales 1800 503 303 confirm this to you. I am afraid we can not give any exact dates.

I appreciate it is frustrating but if we give a definitive or indication before we get absolute confirmation as this is subject to change.

We are not being purposely vague, we can not give you the information or answers you are looking for at this time.

Thanks, Mark

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Until an new cabinets have been fully installed and connected to the efibre network as well as the system being updated and the line checker - https://secure.eircom.net/fibre

Stating it is available to the address (an the order can be issued) or efibre sales 1800 503 303 confirm this to you. I am afraid we can not give any exact dates.

I appreciate it is frustrating but if we give a definitive or indication before we get absolute confirmation as this is subject to change.

We are not being purposely vague, we can not give you the information or answers you are looking for at this time.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark I do understand and I can put my hand on my heart and tell you that I will be buying efibre because with efibre I'll be getting better speeds. And I presume if your far from the cab your ping will be higher because its great to have download speeds for Netflix and YouTube but for gaming you NEED at least 15-20 ms and upload at least 5 . 10 would be lovely but I'm simply to but from the exchange and copper is renowned for interference so I will be losing speeds . Unless Google fibre come out here with there 1gb broadband and that won't happen for a while :D when efibre go's live will you have a rough idea of the speed I would be able to get ?
    Thanks

Thanks Mark I do understand and I can put my hand on my heart and tell you that I will be buying efibre because with efibre I'll be getting better speeds. And I presume if your far from the cab your ping will be higher because its great to have download speeds for Netflix and YouTube but for gaming you NEED at least 15-20 ms and upload at least 5 . 10 would be lovely but I'm simply to but from the exchange and copper is renowned for interference so I will be losing speeds . Unless Google fibre come out here with there 1gb broadband and that won't happen for a while when efibre go's live will you have a rough idea of the speed I would be able to get ?
    Thanks

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Yes, if and when your cabinet and address is connected to the efibre network. We can run a speed / line capability test before the order is placed.

At the moment any rough idea of possible speeds would be purely speculative.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Yes, if and when your cabinet and address is connected to the efibre network. We can run a speed / line capability test before the order is placed.

At the moment any rough idea of possible speeds would be purely speculative.

Thanks, Mark

Yes and when I had eircom DSL I was connected to the exchange not a cabinet so my what way will I be connected then ?

Yes and when I had eircom DSL I was connected to the exchange not a cabinet so my what way will I be connected then ?

Hi,

The efibre is connected to the local cabinet and then the existing network is connected to the address.

Thanks, Mark

Hi,

The efibre is connected to the local cabinet and then the existing network is connected to the address.

Thanks, Mark

Yeah I know that but will ye have to run another cable into my house ?

Yeah I know that but will ye have to run another cable into my house ?

No, the cable running to your house would be the existing cable / network.

The fibre optic cables will run from the exchange to the local cabinet.

Thanks, Mark

No, the cable running to your house would be the existing cable / network.

The fibre optic cables will run from the exchange to the local cabinet.

Thanks, Mark

OK got ya thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

No worries I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Thanks

Al

Ok, so, for instance, where I currently live, I was fed direct from the exchange, which is >3km away. Based on what you say, my current connection is as good as its ever going to get? Well, I guess it makes decision time straightforward when my contract expires in September.

gerryk wrote: »
    Ok, so, for instance, where I currently live, I was fed direct from the exchange, which is >3km away. Based on what you say, my current connection is as good as its ever going to get? Well, I guess it makes decision time straightforward when my contract expires in September.
    Hi gerryk

At the moment we do not have any definitive indications as to when efibre may be available in the area, or if there are improvements planned on the existing network that we can advise at present.

However that does not mean the situation will remain the same indefinitely.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the reply, Mark. I understand that you can only disemminate the information you are provided with, but that answer is not satisfactory, from my point of view. I will be actively examining my options pending my contract renewal.

gerryk wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, Mark. I understand that you can only disemminate the information you are provided with, but that answer is not satisfactory, from my point of view. I will be actively examining my options pending my contract renewal.
    Hi Gerry,

I appreciate your point, I will let you know if there if is any news / change.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks, Mark. I understand the situation you are in in terms of what information you are given.

Advertisement