Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open Championship 2013 - *** no gambling/streams ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Quite a few -3 scores after 9 holes today already out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

5 years or 20 majors later is enough fact don't you think?

frankly, no.

the overwhelming majority of golfers haven't won a major in the last 5 years...so who is going to win one exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

If there's one player who can come from the pack its Snedeker IMO. Had a shocker on Friday but 2 quality sub-70 rounds on Thursday and Saturday suggests he can go low. He also has a history of storming from behind to win.I'm just not convinced that Westwood's putting will hold up today or that Tiger all round game this week is quite there. All the +3s or better have a great shot at it.

One way or the other its going to be a cracking days golf. Head on the block, Scott or Snedeker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GreeBo wrote: »
    frankly, no.

the overwhelming majority of golfers haven't won a major in the last 5 years...so who is going to win one exactly?

Sure Tiger went 84 majors without a win at one stage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Jaysus hazel is gunning for Peter Dawson and the sexist question in muirfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I'd love to see Westwood win today, but I have a funny feeling about Mahan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Jaysus hazel is gunning for Peter Dawson and the sexist question in muirfield

Thought that interview was a disgrace.

She went far too hard on him. I know the R&A decide where the open will be played but Muirfield is a private club they can do what they decide. I know there's a lot more than that to do with it but I feel having that type of interview on the last day of a major is not necessary.

Golf is competing with the tour de France and cricket today in the UK so let's concentrate on the positive aspects of the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Molinari to make a charge and win it in a playoff.... A bit of wishful thinking I'll admit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

Must say Darren Clarke has played great golf , pity about that quad bogey the other day. He's so suited to links golf and this tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭big_drive

Jason Day holing a good putt for par on 1st, he's a player they've hardly shown all week in the coverage for some reason. Haven't shown a whole lot of Adam Scott either given he's a current major champ and only a few shots off the lead

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Hello

Cabrera's the one for me...double Major winner and incredible ball striker. Don't get why Stenson is being so heavily tipped given he and Cabrera (and Johnson) are at +1.

Superb afternoon's viewing ahead...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Jack Kyle wrote: »
    Hello

Cabrera's the one for me...double Major winner and incredible ball striker. Don't get why Stenson is being so heavily tipped given he and Cabrera (and Johnson) are at +1.

Superb afternoon's viewing ahead...

purely because of stensons stats

fairways hit: 83%
    greens hit: 77%
    putts per hole: 1.76
    avg driving dist: 281 yd

look at Westwood current leader

fairways hit: 57%
    greens hit: 57%
    putts per hole: 1.50
    avg driving dist: 285yd

he should be a lot better than +1 and he seems to be very consistent. for a somewhat outsider I'd go with him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you follow the golf betting thread in the gambling forum, you'd know Stenson is doomed.

Nice putt from him there all the same. 3 off the lead now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Tiger woods and Adam Scott playing with each other today and the camera goes away just as they're both about to shake hands. I'd have liked to see if Woods his old caddy shook hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Bad start by Tiger!

Taok wrote: »
    Bad start by Tiger!

Hopefully not more of what we've generally seen in recent years (Tiger huffing and puffing and doing sweet FA in the final round of a Major).

Really want to see him win No 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

Woods is going to have to be more offensive here. He's too negative in the final round of majors. Horrible drive by woods just there. It looks like another mediocre final round performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Tiger woods and Adam Scott playing with each other today and the camera goes away just as they're both about to shake hands. I'd have liked to see if Woods his old caddy shook hands.

You can bet that if Sky Sports had been showing it they wouldn't have cut away there-in fact they would probably have been hyping it up and discussing it ad nauseum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Poulter in Ryder Cup mode

Oh dear Lee..

• Advertisement

Westwood's inevitable implosion starting earlier than normal...

Can't help thinking Scott's going to do a Steady Eddie on it and sneak home...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭medic087

that area will be well trampled down by spectators. At worst a bogey here for westwood. Lucky escape

Lucky so and so.

Taok wrote: »
    Can't help thinking Scott's going to do a Steady Eddie on it and sneak home...

As he hooks his 2 iron on the 4th:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

as

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Ooooohh I could watch Tiger on Shot Tracer all day!

If Poulter (+1 after 12) can post a score with the wind getting up, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Ah here Poulter -5 for last 4 holes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Poulter is absolutely tearing it up at the moment! :D It must be getting the nerves of Westwood tingling a bit.

Advertisement