Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open Championship 2013 - *** no gambling/streams ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

RikkFlair wrote: »
    And Phil writes right handed but plays golf left

As do I. I'm almost as good as him as well :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

ForeRight wrote: »
    Stenson writes with his left hand but plays golf right handed. That's unusual

A certain Phil Mickelson does the same, except vice-versa. Golf in fact, is the only thing he does left-handed!

EDIT: Beaten to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

kingcobra wrote: »
    A certain Phil Mickelson does the same, except vice-versa. Golf in fact, is the only thing he does left-handed!

Unbelievable stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

It is but I think it makes perfect sense. His left is his leading hand. It may result in more control on the ball.

for a two plane swinger it's all left hand, one plane is right hand...but I think it's whatever you are used to.
    at this stage they have all hit so many shots that the appropriate hand/arm/shoulder is plenty strong enough and used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

RikkFlair wrote: »
    And Phil writes right handed but plays golf left

Can't say I'm surprised, those yanks are kinda weird too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

do Zach johnsen and stenson not talk. They literally threw the score cards at each other

Was weird wasn't it! Johnson just rudely slid the card across the table without so much as looking in Stenson's direction!

A few words between Tiger and Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Poor ol tiger looks like crying:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Was weird wasn't it! Johnson just rudely slid the card across the table without so much as looking in Stenson's direction!

both lads simply devastated after missing out on major glory, that is all, let us not be hitting the online fora trying to suggest that are mortal enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Couldn't be more delighted with the way it all worked out. Good man Phil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Interesting bit of info from Azinger on ESPN just there. Phil studied psychology at Uni. Very strong mentally, can't ever remember seeing him flustered.

donfers wrote: »
    both lads simply devastated after missing out on major glory, that is all, let us not be hitting the online fora trying to suggest that are mortal enemies

Let's not discuss golf in a golf forum??..... Um, ok...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

yes thats exactly my point, your paraphrasing skills are unparalleled

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I like phil and am made up for him. But dont like watching him after with family . grand for a while but an hour. Had to flick over to Ulster Final. Awful fall by so many.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Winner alright!

I really enjoyed the Open this year.

Many thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

A.P.

(Roll on the US PGA :) )

where did you get that from his post?
    he said don't make things up about people.
    two mins after they apparently hated each other, I saw them laughing and joking in the scorers tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

That interview with Westwood was cringe as he looked gutted and they just kept asking about Phil.. He looked fit to strangle the interviewer..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

GreeBo wrote: »
    two mins after they apparently hated each other, I saw them laughing and joking in the scorers tent.

Shhhh...we're trying to stir up some controversy here.

I still can't believe Phil manage to win it, I still can't believe he's still well able to win majors. He'll still be in contention in many majors for the next few years.

I assume Mickelson is in a better mood than the other day.

GreeBo wrote: »

Are you for real? "Don't make things up about people"??

I'll quote your good self I s'pose:
    "where did you get that from his my post?"

• Advertisement

Are you for real? "Don't make things up about people"??

I'll quote your good self I s'pose:

looks like you just had a reading failure.
    I clearly said
    "he said don't make things up about people"

I didn't imply that you made anything up, I was merely pointing out to you that he didn't say not to talk about golf.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXVF8AkQtMadIjcT81dySC1_hD-S7FUZsrlDTKN9lWTZn9vmtkll8llnw

Everyone's got a camera or telephone these days.

Peter Alliss showing how up-to-date he is with modern technology.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Great BBC montage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Peter Alliss showing how up-to-date he is with modern technology.

People always seem to knock Peter but the open coverage wouldn't be the same without him.

I must be the only one that really enjoys listening to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A shocker from the Irish this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,855 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

kingcobra wrote: »
    Shhhh...we're trying to stir up some controversy here.

I still can't believe Phil manage to win it, I still can't believe he's still well able to win majors. He'll still be in contention in many majors for the next few years.

For a long time I was not a fan of Phil's I do not know he always looked arrogant and snobbish but the last couple maybe its all these stories of what he does and his interviews I have watched I have warmed up to him. Poor lee though he must be in bits

Edit: He has a very good looking wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

I like Alliss too, more like him than not I would say. Some of his technical observations were very sharp, liked Faldo when they had him on too, speaks an enormous amount of good sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭rednik

Superb final round from Phil and overall a great Open. Muirfield was a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just listening to Phil's press conference there. He was asked about the importance of Bones to him. You could see and hear the emotion in him when describing their relationship, some partnership they've had over 20+ years.

Bones was also in tears when Phil collected the trophy. Nice moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭abff

For a long time I was not a fan of Phil's I do not know he always looked arrogant and snobbish but the last couple maybe its all these stories of what he does and his interviews I have watched I have warmed up to him.

I feel the same way. I used to struggle to understand why the US fans loved him so much, but now I kinda get it.

Advertisement