Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Mac to Pc

• 15-07-2013 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭

Im hoping someone can help me out

Can I download steam games to Mac and transfer them over to the pc without any trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yes. You'll have to download them again on PC but there will be no problems at all in that regard. In many cases, if not all, your save games transfer over too as you download from the steam cloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,460 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes. You'll have to download them again on PC but there will be no problems at all in that regard. In many cases, if not all, your save games transfer over too as you download from the steam cloud.

hmmm I was hoping I could transfer the files from mac to pc and then the pc would have most of the files and then download the files that will work on the pc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Not really going to happen as the files would be modified for the different OS.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It partially works. There's a lot of common files that exist in games between the 2 OS's, Steam discover would then just download the necessary Mac files.

Advertisement