Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

theft from car in Blackrock

Options
  • 15-07-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Last evening we parked our car ,facing to the sea ,on the main street in Blackrock at 6.30 PM. Went for a meal and returned about eight PM. My daughter aged 12 had just returned from a holiday of a lifetime in Florida with neighbours and was en route to a sleepover with a friend.

We found a thief had forced the door lock on our car and rifled my daughters travel sac and stolen her I Pad. She is distraught.
    The wall was pretty full of day trippers at 6.30 and quite a few still there at 8 PM.

By any chance did any one see anyone see anything suspicious or strange. ? The car was a white 97 reg Starlet, parked nose to the promenade.

I am posting this in the remote chance anyone might remember something out of the ordinary.
    Also to warn others. Blackrock is a beautiful seaside village, but be careful.

Rugbyman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

have a look at the amount of broken glass in the long term car park on the ramparts. its a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

It only takes a minute or two to do a job Like this,so cannot blame the guards for lack of attention,prob the biggest aspect of this is if caught they get the probation act for quite a few offences... I doubt if they will get more than a hundred for the I pad,though our loss is about 700,and cannot put a price on my daughters trauma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

rugbyman wrote: »
    It only takes a minute or two to do a job Like this,so cannot blame the guards for lack of attention,prob the biggest aspect of this is if caught they get the probation act for quite a few offences... I doubt if they will get more than a hundred for the I pad,though our loss is about 700,and cannot put a price on my daughters trauma.

Did your daughter have the 'Find My iPad' app activated? If so, the gardai will track it down for you, they did it for my iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

There's a webcam in Blackrock on the Promenade. I wonder does it record?
    If you're on Facebook, search for 'Jason Magee', and ask him!

Keith wrote: »
    Did your daughter have the 'Find My iPad' app activated? If so, the gardai will track it down for you, they did it for my iphone.

my daughter knows what that is but she didnt set it up, iphones have the ability to just shut down by the power of the phone company if stolen my daughter told myself that but ipads can't, thank you for your suggestion, :)

• Advertisement

There's a webcam in Blackrock on the Promenade. I wonder does it record?
    If you're on Facebook, search for 'Jason Magee', and ask him!

will do now and get back to you, thanks :)

Advertisement