Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season games 2013/14 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

jaysus i hope hes alright. such an important player

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

3-1 s'land.great. any match reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

3-1 s'land.great. any match reviews?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/116083/sunderland-vs-tottenham/report

Didn't read it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't get overly concerned about friendly matches. Particularly ones played on flooded pitches at 30 degrees temperatures and 84% humidity.

Though two things that stood out, Vetonghen's injury. Hopefully he was in 'pre season' mode i.e. overly cautious and don't risk anything.

The other is Fryers, for Brown's goal he was caught completely ball watching. I know it's only pre season, but I'd give out to a ten year old for making the same mistake. He broke rule number one of defending corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I watched a fair bit of it.
    First of all the pitch was in a terrible state after all the rain. It may have been called off if it was a premier league game.
    The team did ok without looking very threatening going forward. Like last season we held onto a lot of possession without doing much. Individually I thought Rose did very well, Walker & Caulker looked solid. The main problem was that too many individuals were out to impress the manager, in a kind of, look what i can do, don't sell me - Defoe trying to shoot every opportunity, Townsend going on long runs only to run into trouble, Dempsey shooting from 40 yards etc.
    We seemed to run out of steam ( in an 80 minute match) which is a bit unsettling.
    MOTM - Brad Friedel - made 3 or 4 top class saves in one half.
    Sunderland deserved to win . It could have been a lot worse were it not for Brad.
    Main impression : Jans injury looked bad but we will have to wait to see. It was a fairly second string side so i wouldn't be too disheartened. Preseason so still time to get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Main impression : Jans injury looked bad but we will have to wait to see. It was a fairly second string side so i wouldn't be too disheartened. Preseason so still time to get it right.

AVB on Vertonghen
    There is some range of movement so we have to hope it won't be that long. Hpfly he'll be back for 1st game of season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Don't let the score put you off, there are plenty of positives to take from this. We shouldn't have been playing on such bad conditions, but I'd say the clubs were committed to play. We were missing lots of big players, Bale, Paulinho, Sandro, Kaboul and Dembele to name a few. We had some good performances, Walker, Dawson, Rose and Siggy all played well. Brad made some excellent saves. Ade looked really energetic and up for it. Carroll and Fryers also got a run.

The negatives are, Hudd badly needs to go, although his passing was good, he cost us dearly with him fumbling and caused the first goal. We still haven't copped on to covering the far post on corners, Brown got a free header. How many times has this happened? Defoe also needs to go, he never looks up or passes, not a team player. I was actually delighted when i saw him taking a throw in, would mean he'd be forced to pass. Need to get what we can for him now. Hopefully Verts scan shows he's not out for too long, last thing we need is him coming into the first game of the PL with out any pre season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

another quick reminder the 3rd/4th place playoff is on sky sports at 1030 am.
    playing the team who city beat in their 1st game..cant recall their name at the moment.

ill take no more injuries right now & hopefully some/any goals for us/balefc lol

coys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

4-0 up with 10 minutes to go against S China. Didn't see any of the goals, as i only just noticed it on tv.

5-0 now, Defoe hatrick.
    6-0 now, Townsend free kick.

I ended up sleeping through it too only turned on tv on 89min just my luck..

going to watch the highlights at 130am more my time than 1030am lol

i seen defoe setting up nicely dempsey instead of shooting from 3yrds himself so hopefully avp had a word after his greedy display v sunderland...

hope sunderland win the final as the underdogs now.(And a shedload of injuries for city would be some karma back)

• Advertisement

Watched most of it. It was easy, the opposition was poor. I think maybe the tactic to try out from AVB was to cut the ball back outside the box from the wing to the midfielders rushing forward. Lennon seemed to be trying it all game. Defoe strangely looked up and passed all game. Carroll played great, picked out some nice balls going forward. Rose looked well settled in his position, did well running forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i thought at times we played some very nice football al be it against a poor side but it is pre season. i wont take too much from it just like i didnt in the sunderland defeat. its all about getting sharpness and fit.

thought both dempsey and sigi had good games.

highlight of the games so far has been the home crowds booing of nasri & cheering every time he gets fouled lol...

funnt sh1t

& dzecko just smashed a peno miles over lol even though he opened the scoring with a left foot full power volley on his bad foot.

With all the bale **** talk from marca & sky Id totally forgotten about this:

"@SpursOfficial: Spurs XI v MK Dons - Miles; Fredericks, Livermore, Stewart, Ward; Bentaleb, Carroll, Falque; Ceballos, Lancaster, Townsend. ‪#‎THFC‬"

"@SpursOfficial: And here are our subs at MK - Archer, Gallifuoco, Lameiras, McEvoy, Coulthirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Our game against Monaco next Saturday night is live on ITV4.:cool:

I'd say Chandli will play at some stage against Monaco. Fryers will most likely be tried out at CB. I'd like to see Holtby getting a run now too. It's on ITV4 at 5.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Do ITV4 sometimes block football coverage in ROI? Do you think pubs will show this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

I have itv4 with UPC and it blocks football so ill prob have to stream it on the laptop to watch it

Do ITV4 sometimes block football coverage in ROI? Do you think pubs will show this game?

I have UK Itv4 by other (ahem!) means

It'll be streamed here:
    http://spurs-tv.co.uk/

Spurs on ITV4 from 5.15pm tonight. KO 5.30pm

I dont have it with my current UPC deal but did have have it in my sky package as a manually tuned in extra channel & it never blocked anything for me then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fryers and Livermore as central defenders :eek:

Here's our team - Lloris; Walker, Fryers, Livermore, Rose; Dembele, Parker; Lennon, Chadli, Sigurdsson; Defoe. #THFC

And our subs at Monaco - Friedel, Naughton, Stewart, Bentaleb, Carroll, Huddlestone, Townsend, Kane

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Fryers and Livermore as central defenders :eek:

what could possibly go wrong with that:D

coys:cool:

Bale first goal

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bale first goal

?:confused:

dont ya mean Falcao?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

link ??
    My sky is not getting a sattelite signal !!!!!
    anyone else have this problem?

davycc wrote: »
    ?:confused:

dont ya mean Falcao?

:D;)

link ??

http://www.webfirstrow.eu/watch/198864/2/watch-as-monaco-vs-tottenham-hotspur.html

i have UPC myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

link ??

Working perfectly here.

• Advertisement

link ??

nah must be your dodgy box

Advertisement