Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season games 2013/14 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah he seems to have a lot to his game. Pace, dribbling and he can shoot. He'll definitely get a chance this season and after a good season with QPR he might actually do quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Missed the whole game, luckily by the sounds of it. A lot of first teamers missing which is worrying. Are we struggling with injuries? How did we sell Caulker if we have no centre half?!

Be very happy for Townsend to get game time instead of Lennon. How did Chadli play?

So many questions.... AVB OUT!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

So many questions.... AVB OUT!;)

Don't read too much into it, it was our reserve team versus their 120m starting 11. I can't really comment as I wasn't paying much attention as I had my eye on the football but from what I saw I must say they looked world class, we looked like boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

AVB told Spurs Official that Jermain felt tightness in his hamstring thus came off early as a precaution

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Performance and results sounds familiar. Wont be long until we hear the usual "bale saga affecting squad", "better off taking the money as its effecting the other players etc", just like the pre-season we lost Modric/berba etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

More performances like this and we'll be facing relegation.

Steady on. We're not that bad. I dont want to sound too dramatic but wouldnt it be nice for Spurs to have a decent pre-season for a change. Just for once Id love to see us put in some solid performances, score lots of goals and beat a couple of the stronger teams we play. Hell, one of those preseason trophies would be nice.

Im sick about reading about Arsenal and city and even blooming Swansea beating teams for fun while we struggle to a 0-0 against Colchester.

I know preseason results dont matter, blah blah blah but its the same every year and we do have a habit if starting the EPL slowly every year.

I suppose what I am trying to say is perhaps we would have a much better chance of hitting the ground running if we had a strong preseason with plenty of goals, wins and confident performances than the usual mix of losses, draws and heavy defeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, pre season games mean nout. For years we beat crap teams for fun in pre season and had a brutal start to the season, take no notice.

On the plus side Danny Rose and Andros Townsend look like the real deal, expect to see lots more of them this year

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, pre season games mean nout. For years we beat crap teams for fun in pre season and had a brutal start to the season, take no notice.

You can't dismiss it completely. If one team gets there ass handed to them all thru preseason and another team of similar ability wins all their games, plays well with a settled team and scores goals for fun then which one of them is likely to have a good start to the EPL. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but I know which scenario I'd prefer.

• Advertisement

That was a Tottenham XI, wait till you see the first team lose 5-2 to cast doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tippspur wrote: »
    More performances like this and we'll be facing relegation.

I doubt a youth team left back and an emerging centre midfielder will be the centre back pairing against a £53m centre forward with a week's extra pre-season in the premier league too often.

I've said my piece on that friendly. I'm looking forward to next week.

First team beat Enfield Town 12-0 behind closed doors, Soldado scored a hat-trick. No word on who else played. Roll on Saturday! COYS

First team beat Enfield Town 12-0 behind closed doors, Soldado scored a hat-trick. No word on who else played. Roll on Saturday! COYS

Sweet, pop up the team if you find it.

i heard it was only 11-nil & Paulinho played well too

You're right 11-0.

Gomes,Walker,Naughton,Livermore,Huddelstone,Paulinhio,Dembele,Lennon,Soldado,Chadli

Goalscorers: Soldado x3, Lennon, Siggy x3, Townsend x2, Kane x2

Great banter among the Enfield lads on twitter saying Soldado is an amazing finisher and how they were stoked to get a run out against Dembele, Paulinho, Chadli et al.

Still worrying we've no recognised centre half in the side!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

You're right 11-0.

Gomes,Walker,Naughton,Livermore,Huddelstone,Paulinhio,Dembele,Lennon,Soldado,Chadli

Goalscorers: Soldado x3, Lennon, Siggy x3, Townsend x2, Kane x2

Great banter among the Enfield lads on twitter saying Soldado is an amazing finisher and how they were stoked to get a run out against Dembele, Paulinho, Chadli et al.

Still worrying we've no recognised centre half in the side!:eek:

theres only 10 in your starting line up

i heard carlton cole got a run out too & scored too lol...what is the world coming too..he isnt a patch on jd or even lazy ade

theres only 10 in your starting line up

Yeah sorry Fryers was in there. Plenty if changes at HT, Siggy came on scored a hat-trick, lads saying he was unplayable.
    davycc wrote: »
    i heard carlton cole got a run out too & scored too lol...what is the world coming too..he isnt a patch on jd or even lazy ade

That's BS, Carlton Cole is paying to train at Hotspur Way, no more, no less.

he scored 2 goals too its a shame it wasnt televised would have loved to see the new guys linking up..

he is prob better than kane though imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.ie/2013/08/soldado-hat-trick.html

One half the team was: Friedel, Rose, Ball (CB), Stewart (CB), Naughton, Carroll, Bentaleb, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Kane

The other half the team was: Gomes, Walker, Livermore (CB), Fryers (CB), Naughton, Huddlestone, Paulinho, Lennon, Dembele, Chadli, Soldado

Tabloids will read into those teams and say Bale didn't play but either did Holtby, Sandro, Kaboul, Dawson which is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

holtby hasn't played a pre season game yet has he?at least it looks like siggys hitting some form,he's got good potential i think

Defoe and Adebayor also, that's nearly a full team missing..

If AVB is trying out Stewart, Ball, Livermore & Fryers that's a big worry at this stage of the season.

So is the whole Carlton Cole thing BS then or what?

So is the whole Carlton Cole thing BS then or what?

Yes, he's paying to train at our facilities until he finds a club

SSN saying Cole didn't play in the game yesterday

Big event todays game, Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado make their home debut, Sandro returns from injury and rumours that Capoue is to be presented to fans.

It really is amazing to see this guy back!

"After 6 months and 25 days today is the day. the day of my RETURN TO THE FIELDS ..Thanks for all the support ... come on you spurs. I'M READY ...thanks GOD..."

• Advertisement

Line-up v Espanyol: Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Fryers, Rose; Dembele, Chadli, Paulinho; Lennon, Soldado, Sigurdsson.

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Stewart, Huddlestone, Sandro, Townsend, Defoe.

Although not starting, it's great to see Dawson, Kaboul and Sandro on the bench

Advertisement