Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Season games 2013/14 Thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

ITV4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

ITV are being as cynical towards the Bale situation as most of the media are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

ITV are being as cynical towards the Bale situation as most of the media are.

Yeah, typical, just said he's not playing therefore he's definitely gone.

AVB says Capoue deal yet to be completed - 'a very interesting player, all-round ability, and can play in different positions'.

Goaldado looks tasty as do several of the newbies. We ain't gonna miss Bale me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Anyone know any pubs in Dublin showing this? Been to a few but they're only showing the Celtic/Liverpool game.

• Advertisement

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Goaldado looks tasty as do several of the newbies. We ain't gonna miss Bale me thinks.

Yep, the three newbies looking really good. Chadli is showing his skill. Paulinho's goal should have been allowed and Soldado looks a menace in the box

We finally have a real no. 9 \o/

Great peno.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Goldado from the spot, excellent pen.

Still can't defend a corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Thought Paulinho was offside in the first few minutes, he definitely was.

• Advertisement

Kaboul came on for Fryers at half time, Sandro is warming up

The return of the beast

Three changes, Sandro for Paulinho, Defoe for Soldado, Friedel for Lloris

I'm happy with what I saw there, looks like good signings. Danny Rose is a worry, like Walker, he seems to give away sloppy frees in bad areas. He's strong going forward but defensively he is poor. We need Coentrao badly. Paulinho and Soldado look like they're with u for years. Chandli looks good, links up well but seemed to take too long to do something with it, he'll improve over time. Townsend once again looks like he's a better option than Lennon on the right wing, being left footed he cuts inside like Bale and causes problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

No Bale, not good. Have recorded the game so will watch it later but the fact he's not there doesn't bode well.

SuprSi wrote: »
    No Bale, not good. Have recorded the game so will watch it later but the fact he's not there doesn't bode well.

Bale may been told not to come, maybe he's being kept away from the limelight. Also I would imagine there would be fears of how some fans may react to him. Best he hides till this is over.

Maybe - still, I'd imagine (if he's staying) that it would have been great for everyone to see him there. One week to go, this is the same as Berba and Modric again. At least we've got some good new players already recruited.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Maybe - still, I'd imagine (if he's staying) that it would have been great for everyone to see him there. One week to go, this is the same as Berba and Modric again. At least we've got some good new players already recruited.

The word from all the ITK's and general feeling on the forums is he stays unless an outrageous bid comes in, which I can't see happening as everything points to the feeling that they cannot really afford (and are starting to realise that they don't need). He wants to go if a bid comes.

Yeah, that's what I've seen, the problem is that he's not been part of the squad, so how long will it take for him to get into the groove. I'm just hoping that we don't have a slow start again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I hope Kaboul can start with Dawson next week, because I'd be very worried if we have to play Zeki Fryers - I appreciate he is young and maybe nervous, but he looked to be lacking a lot of defensive basics. We need a new centre back as cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

We were brutal at set pieces tonight.
    Hopefully Dawson and Kaboul are back fully fit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was delighted to see Kaboul and Sandro back in the squad today,it's a strong looking squad even without Vertongen and Bale.it's good to see AVB had the lads working hard on defending set pieces during the pre season....................not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

How the table would look based on Pre-season form.

Not saying pre-season form is any definite indication of the upcoming season, just throwing it out there.

996587_10151859718709101_888582427_n.jpg

Not saying pre-season form is any definite indication of the upcoming season, just throwing it out there.

Don't worry, we've got loads of games in hand!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

AVB OUT! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

996587_10151859718709101_888582427_n.jpg

Swansea 100% record. Watch all that count for nothing on Saturday against the champions!...hope i'm wrong mind ya. All about Palace sunday and 3 points.

Swansea 100% record.

Swansea's first team were playing team our XI team were playing. Probably not the best prep for the reining champions. Though confidence goes a long way... :cool:

Copied from FB
    In the 2008 / 09 pre-season we played 7 games, winning 6 & drawing 1 - scoring 33 goals & conceding just 5. Beating Borussia Dortmund 3–0 & Roma 5–0 ...Everything looked great, as we know after 8 games of that season we had 2 points & Ramos was sacked. Thats how much of a indicator pre season friendlies are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

As I said before, pre season games mean SFA ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement