Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family camping in Donegal.

Options
  • 15-07-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi newbie here. I'm looking for any recommendations for campsites in Donegal. We are two women with several children and a tent so wild camping is not an option, unfortunately. We were thinking Bundoran but would be interested in anything really that had water and a playground for the kids and maybe a pub/entertainment for us. It is essential the site caters for tents, dont really fancy being stuck between motor homes. We are travelling from Dublin/Louth so would consider anything on the way! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there Joanie79,

Welcome to boards.ie :)

I've moved your thread from Travel to the Donegal forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Donegal doesn't really have that many "official" campsites,I believe Kerrykeel and Downings would probably be your best bet.

I looked this up for someone else recently so i'll reply properly later

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Welcome to boards. There's a B&B with camping on the Killybegs Road in Donegal Town. There's a lot of nice scenery around Donegal Town, (ideally, you'd want a car or bicycles) but, facility wise, there's not much in the town. If you are going to stay in the area, I'd make sure the weather is good, or it could be boring/miserable!

Here's the oddly cumbersome link:

http://www.uniqueirishhostels.com/http:__www.uniqueirishhostels.com/Donegal_Independent_Hostel.html

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Tramore at Rosbeg, Campbell's, is a great site, a real holiday feel. Not rowdy, lots of regulars. The tent hollow is very attractive and apart from the wagons, mobiles, and touring vans. We walked through it yesterday, it is in front of a big nature reserve and behind a glorious beach. There is a pub about two miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Durnish wrote: »
    Tramore at Rosbeg, Campbell's, is a great site, a real holiday feel. Not rowdy, lots of regulars. The tent hollow is very attractive and apart from the wagons, mobiles, and touring vans. We walked through it yesterday, it is in front of a big nature reserve and behind a glorious beach. There is a pub about two miles away.

found this link to Tramore
    http://www.tramorebeach-rosbeg.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

the blue moon hostel in dunkinelly [spelling ?] about 6k from killybegs is ideal for your needs camping on the grounds with shower ,kitchen ,washing ect ,
    nice town near st johns point .

Advertisement