Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to ESB - Deposit?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been living an apartment for the last 18 months and have been with Airtricity, paying by Direct Debit. If I was to switch to ESB, would I have to pay a security deposit or anything like that?

Thanks,

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi David,

If you switch your provider to Electric Ireland, you would be required to pay by direct debit. This would entitle you to an 8% discount off electricity or gas, or off both if you opt for Dual Fuel. There is no requirement to pay a security deposit (the direct debit is a substitute for this). A further discount of 2% off either or both fuels can be availed of also if a customer registers for online billing (eliminating paper billing).

Do let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement