Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Taxi Belfast Tours Tomorrow

Options
  • 15-07-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I was planning on taking my girlfriend up to Belfast from Dublin tomorrow, specifically to see the Falls and Shankill Road areas, probably with a Black Taxi tour. Shes interested in seeing the history of those areas and the things we remember as kids hearing on the news.
    Just wondering what the situation would be like for us to do that with the trouble in the area in recent days? Im a Dub but my girlfriend in American, we could drive or get the train from Dublin.
    Just trying to be practical not interested in an argument about it, just don't want to go up and find nothings open in those areas and there's a hostile, dangerous atmosphere. If anybody has any tips or suggestions Id love to hear. Its a great place with a hell of a history but unfortunately due to time constraints we only have tomorrow - the 16th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi there Vetinarugbian,

I've moved your thread from Travel to the Belfast City forum where it would be better suited as it is localised.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Hi, I was planning on taking my girlfriend up to Belfast from Dublin tomorrow, specifically to see the Falls and Shankill Road areas, probably with a Black Taxi tour. Shes interested in seeing the history of those areas and the things we remember as kids hearing on the news.
    Just wondering what the situation would be like for us to do that with the trouble in the area in recent days? Im a Dub but my girlfriend in American, we could drive or get the train from Dublin.
    Just trying to be practical not interested in an argument about it, just don't want to go up and find nothings open in those areas and there's a hostile, dangerous atmosphere. If anybody has any tips or suggestions Id love to hear. Its a great place with a hell of a history but unfortunately due to time constraints we only have tomorrow - the 16th.

I'd phone the taxi tour companies. The driver we had was very frank and open about all aspects of the tour, part of the tour we took involved walking around on our own through some of the estates. I can't imagine they'd be running tours if any of the current flashpoints are on the route. The streets probably wouldn't even be open if there's trouble there.

It's a great tour by the way, be sure to go back if you can't do the tour this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

yup, contact the guys doing the tours.

during the unrest at Christmas time i found the bus radios were essential listening (I have the right receiver) to find out where there was any aggro.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JOS52

Going up this weekend for a stag and want to do a little tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

vetinarugbian,how was the trip to belfast?thinking of doing the same next week?

• Advertisement
Advertisement