Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Syncing bookmarks using iCloud

• 15-07-2013 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

I'm been driven mad here trying to sync bookmarks from a Windows PC to an iPad. I normally use Firefox on Windows but I downloaded Safari and imported all my Firefox bookmarks to it. Now i want those same bookmarks to show up on the iPad. I downloaded iCloud but it is not going to work because I'm running Windows XP on the PC and it says you need Vista or later. I'm not really willing to spend money upgrading to Vista over this so am looking for a work around.

Is there anyway I can get them onto the iPad ? I can put the bookmarks in a HTML file, perhaps saving this to Dropbox and opening it on the iPad might make them slot in to Safari ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You've imported the bookmarks into Safari, so now all you have to do is sync the bookmarks to your iPad directly using iTunes. No need for iCloud. But once the bookmarks are on your iPad they will sync with iCloud also if enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

You've imported the bookmarks into Safari, so now all you have to do is sync the bookmarks to your iPad directly using iTunes. No need for iCloud. But once the bookmarks are on your iPad they will sync with iCloud also if enabled.

When I connect the iPad to the PC and click its tab in iTunes I then go to 'Info' and scroll down where it tells me that 'Your bookmarks are being synced over the air from iCloud'. However on Safari on my PC I have about 300+ bookmarks but when I open Safari up on the iPad they are not there. I have the Safari yes/no tab in the iPad settings toggled to 'Yes' so I really can't figure out why the bookmarks haven't shown up :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Disconnect from iTunes. Then disable iCloud syncing for Safari on the iPad. Then re-connect and re-sync with iTunes.

It it works, re-enable iCloud syncing for Safari on the iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thanks for that Sad professor- i did as you said and now have it working and merged with iCloud so all is good now. Finally I can get the most out of this iPad, thanks again=)

Advertisement