Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trent Johnston retirement

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

This guy is a living legend. Every game he has given his all, taken great catches, hit some fine shots and who can forget his chicken dance wickets.

He is a gentleman and I would like to note his captain's role, bringing Ireland to the top of the Associates League, getting Ireland to The West Indies in 07 and hitting the magical winning 6 to beat Pakistan in Sabina Park.

When the captains role went to a younger guy, he could have chucked it all in but at nearly 40 is still one of our best ODI bowlers and fielders.

I can't think if anything negative to say about TJ - thanks for the memories.....and maybe one more against England!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Fantastic servent for Irish cricket and one of the real driving forces that has gotten us to where we are today. It is testament to the player that he is 39 years of age and we will have a very hard job in replacing him. Hopefully he will continue to be involved in Irish cricket for a long time and will be there when we finally get to play our first test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Legend.

Best of luck TJ!

Hopefully he stays involved with Irish cricket, and not in a small way, the man is an inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Have been lucky to have met with Trent on a number of occasions.
    I have no doubt that his involvement with Cricket Ireland will continue alongside his role with YMCA.
    He's still a youngster at 39.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Bump.

Going back to his roots in September. Thank you for all the memories and especially the monster 6 that won the World Cup game versus Pakistan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement