Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King of the Hill Kinsale

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi lads, im doing this one on sat next..never did it before
    just wondering whats the course like???cant find any link to it online..
    sea swim? hilly bike/run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

The run has just one hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CunningStunts

http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/kinsale-m/cork-triathlon-club-kinsale-king-of-the-route-2143869 for the run and http://www.mapmyrun.com/ie/kinsale-m/a-run-mapped-on-07-17-2011-route-42393562 for the bike.

TheTubes is kind of right with the "one hill" on the run, but you go up it, down the other side and out on a flat road and then turn around and run back the way you came. Great event in fairness.

Sea swim is sheltered so has always been calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

Did this event a couple of years ago in my first year racing - a great race.
    Swim is in Sandycove - nice sheltered sea swim
    bike is an out and back - mainly gradual uphill one way out but fast back to T2
    Run is also an out and back - up and over the big hill twice - was tough the 2nd time!

Would love to go back and try it again after more training in the legs! Would definately recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jamescantwell

sound out lads, really looking forward to it..did carrick on sunday...river water was only a foot deep in places so we had to run/crawl thru the water..disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Would anyone know what time this is on at this year?

I can't see a time mentioned on the cork tri site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

Would anyone know what time this is on at this year?

I can't see a time mentioned on the cork tri site.

its on the 26th July.. up on triathlon ireland website.

Anyone know about the swim? seem to be very fast times going on last years results?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

shansey wrote:
    Anyone know about the swim? seem to be very fast times going on last years results?
    The swim has been short for the last 2 years, last year in particular.
    I think there was a safety concern over something last year and thats why it was shortened.
    IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

TheTubes wrote: »
    The swim has been short for the last 2 years, last year in particular.
    I think there was a safety concern over something last year and thats why it was shortened.
    IIRC.

Crikey!..that doesn't sound good!!

Advertisement