Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line fault Carbury (Co. Kildare) area?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, 

Having funny issues with my telephone line today.   Inbound calls fail and outbound calls have a funny dial tone and as soon as you dial anything (even one digit) a pre-recorded message in french comes through.  The message says something about service and telephone but it's aaages since I did any french.

Any ideas?  

046-95XXXXX area...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BX 19 wrote: »
    Hey guys, 

Having funny issues with my telephone line today.   Inbound calls fail and outbound calls have a funny dial tone and as soon as you dial anything (even one digit) a pre-recorded message in french comes through.  The message says something about service and telephone but it's aaages since I did any french.

Any ideas?  

046-95XXXXX area...
    Hi BX 19

Please PM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

It seems very odd that a pre recorded french message comes through, do you have a business system attached to your line??

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Nope, residential line.  Just a bog standard corded telephone connected to the main eircom socket in the house. 

Yea it's odd, very odd in fact.  Reminds me of the french SOS signal on the TV series lost lol. :D

I'll forward phone details on now...

Nope, residential line.  Just a bog standard corded telephone connected to the main eircom socket in the house. 

Yea it's odd, very odd in fact.  Reminds me of the french SOS signal on the TV series lost lol. 

I'll forward phone details on now...

I've just replied there BX 19

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I've just replied there BX 19

Al
    And just replied there.  

Great service here, tried to speak to someone on the 1901 and it was just an endless
    loop of "push 2 to do this" etc.

And just replied there.

Great service here, tried to speak to someone on the 1901 and it was just an endless
    loop of "push 2 to do this" etc.

Many thanks for the additional infor BX 19

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement