Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra lines not connected

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi we had eircom connect the line to the house but the guy that came out would only connect the main line in the living room and not the extra lines in the bedrooms. He said they are not allowed to do this. Any idea why and how i can now get those lines connected as i'd quite like to connect the phone and pc in the bedroom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kristian12 wrote: »
    Hi we had eircom connect the line to the house but the guy that came out would only connect the main line in the living room and not the extra lines in the bedrooms. He said they are not allowed to do this. Any idea why and how i can now get those lines connected as i'd quite like to connect the phone and pc in the bedroom.
    Hi kristian12

eircom no longer arrange this and the best advice I can offer is to contact a local electrician or electrical contractor.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

Ok thanks for the quick response Alan. It makes no sense that i now have to pay extra for a telephone line to be connected when its already in place as the original electrician had already wired it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kristian12 wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the quick response Alan. It makes no sense that i now have to pay extra for a telephone line to be connected when its already in place as the original electrician had already wired it in.
    Hi kristian12

If the lines are already in place it would be a very quick job for the electrician and should not cost allot.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement