Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Return Policy????

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I bought an item in the home section in Dunnes Stores, and now I want to return it.
    I actually cut off the tag but I still have it, and I still have my receipt, so can I return/exchange this even if the tag is unattached? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It'll be down to the store, but I would imagine they'll give you a credit note as a gesture of goodwill. I doubt you'll get your money back if you've cut off the tag, as they might not be able to re-sell the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

More often than not Dunnes give a full refund. Why not just ask them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

It depends on the manager I imagine, if you go in and are nice to them they may allow an exchange or refund, but they don't give credit notes as far as I am aware, just refunds/exchanges.

Good luck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

You bought it in Dunnes, you have a receipt, the receipt probably has the phone number or you can get the number on,line

well here's an idea - ring them and ask??

And guess what - you will have a correct answer to your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

2 threads 4 question marks. Take a deep, deep breath and don't rile yourself up for a fight or get yourself worked up into tears. As a retail manager you can tell this a mile off and it just puts you on your guard.

Just go in and politely ask, be prepared to negotiate and ideally do an exchange. If they refuse you they are perfectly entitled to do so, but I find trying another store and getting another manager works wonders.

EDIT: Sorry to disagree with Sandin but I'd personally go straight in, on the phone you're much more likely to get the policy answer rather than some discretion. The point that it makes more sense to ask them rather than asking here, presumably to the try and force the situation is well made though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

on the phone you're much more likely to get the policy answer rather than some discretion.
    +1. This reminds me of the argos thread, where the company policy had posters saying they would not honour a lower price if the price went up after you had reserved it, but 5 people said they got the lower prices, and not one confirmed that they were refused.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85255063

By asking here you might get more tips. My tip would be to go to senior looking staff, younger staff might not have the authority to "bend the rules" (if they need bending) and they might not care as much about customer service or company goodwill. It can be simply easier for them to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cometz

Thanks for the help everyone, I just went to Dunnes and I went to the Customer Service desk, and she allowed me to exchange it for something of equal price! :)

Advertisement