Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android App with MySQL database: what visual components to use?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I used to do a little bit of development in delphi and now working on a project where I have to create a mobile app for android with MySQL DB back end. Where it is all new to me I am at the stage when I can connect and run queries to MySQL DB but having difficulties in displaying the results. Any examples i can find are related to SQLite or using HTTP and php method.
    I am connecting to MySQL using jdbc connector and my result is resultSet type.
    How can I display it in a table/grid (similar to DBGrid in delphi)? Can I then scroll visual component and scroll resultSet at the same time??

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Could you explain what you're trying to do as your information does not make sense. If your question concerns Android app development, then you'd be using SQLite, rather than MySQL. Or are you attempting to connect to a remote MySQL schema using your app?

Advertisement