Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla installation - manual or Application Vault??

Options
  • 15-07-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I am surprise by information I found in Application Vault about Joomla installation:

Note: Search-engine friendly URLs (SEF) are not compatible with installing Joomla through the Application Vault. If you want to use this component of Joomla you will need to install it manually.

I use to work with Application Vault Joomla on your hosting, and I am sure it is using search-engine friendly URLs. I am only back-end developer for that site and not sure what type of account it is but I am pretty sure that it's not manually installed (from what I see in FTP access). Did you changed that option and it works different now? I have no problem with manual installation, just want to save some time...

Sorry for bothering you but I am little delayed with the job. If you can point me to some more appropriate forum/help-chat I will appreciate it.

Comments

We have found issues in the past with SEF and Application Vault installs, it may work depending on versions and URL's but we advise a manual install to ensure no issues arise. You could install a test site via the Application Vault and test your configuration with SEF.

Advertisement