Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Sea Rod

Options
  • 15-07-2013 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a sea rod for fishing of the side of a small boat, we mainly fishing mackerel, pollock etc.
    We rarely go past 10miles of shore.
    Would anyone be able to recommend me a rod and reel for this sort of fishing
    Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Any Boat rod - they tend to be shortish - 6'-7' with not a lot of action. I just bought one last Saturday for £15 in Glasgow Angling Centre :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Any Boat rod - they tend to be shortish - 6'-7' with not a lot of action. I just bought one last Saturday for £15 in Glasgow Angling Centre :)
    I was looking more for a make of reel and rod :o, Id want to be familiar with rods living on the coast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

astonaidan wrote: »
    Im looking for a sea rod for fishing of the side of a small boat, we mainly fishing mackerel, pollock etc.
    We rarely go past 10miles of shore.
    Would anyone be able to recommend me a rod and reel for this sort of fishing
    Thanks in advance :D

An uptide rod and a good decent multiplier reel.A Shimano or Abu Garcia multiplier reel and the likes of a Conoflex or Dawia uptide rod will be nice combinaton.

Best of both worlds for you right there....you can cast from the boat (smoothies or tope fishing off Kish Bank or out off Cahore) and you can also jig for mackeral and pollack.

You can also use it for the pier/shorline too,if you fancy a spot of pier fishing.

Simples.:)

Advertisement