Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

Options
  • 15-07-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all

I am starting a new job in Galway on the 22nd of July. I am looking to rent somewhere. I am currently looking at 1 bed appartments and am hoping to pay between 50 and 100 euro rent per week. The job is with Hewlett Packard in Ballybrit so am hoping to get somewhere close by. I have looked at Ballybane, Briarhill, Doughiska, Tuam Rd, Claregalway, Mervue, Bothermore and Wellpark. I will be travelling on the N17 into Galway so that is why Claregalway and the Tuam Rd have been looked at. I have looked at the Headford Road but feel this is a bit far out.

I would appreciate if anyone who is familar with Galway and the surrounding area would have any suggestions or is aware of any surrounding estates that I have not came across.

Regards

Colm Towey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All of those places are quite close, doughiska is prob best (close to Dunnes Briarhill).
    Try to get 6 months contract. If after a while you get tired of living in the burbs you can look for a place closer to town.
    1 beds for 400/month is far and few between but sharing with others you can get somewhere for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You will be driving to work? If so, Riverside, Roscam and Renmore are also good.

I wouldn't recommend Claregalway, traffic can be manic. What you might save when you're coming in from your homeplace (I'm guessing) you will easily lose going to work during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭colmtowey

Hi

Thank's for the reply. I will be starting at 7 in the morning so Claregalway should not be too bad at that time. I have as much time as I want in the evenings to get back so the mornings are the only concern.

Regards

Colm

Advertisement