Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese maple problem (no leaves )

Options
  • 15-07-2013 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello All,
    I planted this Japanese maple ( Acer palmatum garnet) in a well drained area plenty of compost etc watered in well the roots etc ,,seemed to doing well ,at end of 1st year leaves fell off ,when i read up on it,advice seemed to be stress and to let it be not to fertilize and they will regrow,in spring of 2nd year lots of new buds and leaves grew back etc but then after 2 months or so all leaves dropped off again.now i,m wondering what to do
    I,m looking for any advice i can get on this,not sure if i should let it be again or try something else,i uploaded some pics of way it is now,
    Thanks in advance to all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Looks like it's dead-from one of the pics looks like branches are dead.
    Scratch a small area of trunk to see if it is moist and green, but paying attention to the moistness.
    See if any of the branches snap off-if so they are dead and prob the entire plant.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jimlynch123

thanks for both replies,,will scratch and see if moist,tried if twigs snap off and they don,t,still supple do i need to repost in gardening forum

Advertisement