Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jay Z - The O2

Options
  • 15-07-2013 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Jay Z - The Magna Carta Tour 2013 comes to The O2 Dublin on Sunday 6 October. Tickets go on sale this Friday, 19 July at 9am.

€59.50 & €69.50 including booking fee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Looking forward to this! Watch the Throne was so amazing although I doubt the production will be on the same scale, Jigga man puts on a great show! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

:rolleyes: not arsed with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I like Jay Z and his latest album is pretty good but that's a fairly pricey gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fairly pricey but can see myself attending anyway. Probably won't sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Standard price for an artist of his caliber in the o2. Album is pretty poor from what I've heard, but so is everything he's done since coming our of retirement.

Always puts on a great show though, I'll probably head along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ozzy2727

Do yez reckon he'd put on a second gig depending on sales? And would it be the Saturday or the Monday based on below dates?

Danger would be he'd double up in Manchester too leaving Monday the likely second gig if it happened... Not the kind of gig you want to be working the next day for!

Thu 3 Oct-13 UK, Manchester Arena
    Sun 6 Oct-13 Ireland, Dublin 02 Arena
    Tue 8 Oct-13 UK, Birmingham NIA Arena
    Thu 10 Oct-13 UK, London O2 Arena
    Fri 11 Oct-13 UK, London O2 Arena
    Sat 12 Oct-13 UK, London O2 Arena

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

i was at the throne and i wasnt impressed by jay z at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I'll probably end up heading to this. Anyone who saw the Watch the Throne show last June had to have been impressed. For €70 seeing one of the best in the world doing their thing can't really be considered a rip off IMO.

ozzy2727 wrote: »
    Do yez reckon he'd put on a second gig depending on sales? And would it be the Saturday or the Monday based on below dates?

Danger would be he'd double up in Manchester too leaving Monday the likely second gig if it happened... Not the kind of gig you want to be working the next day for!

I wouldn't say there would be a second gig. If him AND Kanye can't sell out two nights I wouldn't say Jay could on his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

ozzy2727 wrote: »

Probably more likely for Manchester to get a second gig, but if he were it'd be on the Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

A V A wrote: »

jay-z-ehhh-o.gif

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What gig were you at?! His stage presense was great there was actually nothing negative about his performance whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i thought he was unreal, definitely seemed happier than kanye to be there. crowd were definitely more into kanye's solo tracks though.

timbaland just been added. no idea what he's like live, probably just like a DJ set.

tickets mustn't be selling well. jay-z is just overexposing himself, he's class but needs to disappear for a few years. his verses on drake's pound cake/paris morton music track is him rapping about the same **** again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Surprised this hasn't sold out yet seeing how quick the WTT show sold out. Didn't like the new album at all so I'm hoping the setlist has lots of Blueprint/Black Album on it!

HighClass wrote: »
    Surprised this hasn't sold out yet seeing how quick the WTT show sold out. Didn't like the new album at all so I'm hoping the setlist has lots of Blueprint/Black Album on it!

Will have 4+ Black Album on it (Encore/99 Problems/PSA/DOYS). Will play about 6/7 of Magna Carta though.

Hopefully he opens with the Dynasty Intro and leaves PSA till later in the gig!!

What time do people think Jay will finish up at? I'd assume Timbaland is on around 19:00 until 19:45 would it be? Then Jay until about 22:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

:rolleyes: not arsed with this one

Jay-Z-and-Kanye-LOLZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Where to go out after this gig boys and girls?

Me and a few friends staying in Four Courts Hostel, would like a few suggestions for food before/after and places to go for drinks.

Not long now. anyone got a full setlist?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Jay-Z-and-Kanye-LOLZ.jpg

ahhh hahahaha bah hahahaha hahahaha ahhhh hahahahah my god hahahaah:D

callaway92 wrote: »
    What time do people think Jay will finish up at? I'd assume Timbaland is on around 19:00 until 19:45 would it be? Then Jay until about 22:30?

bump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Got 2 free tickets to this from o2, guess they couldn't fill it, so that's the kids happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭anto77

If this hasn't sold out could you buy tickets at the O2 this eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

trying to fill it for bono so it looks decent is the rumour

timberland is not support timeberland is the dj with jay z he is controlling the cubes and lights

on stage at 9

Jigga killed it obviously. Spectacular show. 1 bad thing was waiting about 2.5 hours after the doors opened until he got onto stage with Timbo which was torture waiting. Was 100% worth the wait though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

trying to fill it for bono so it looks decent is the rumour

What a hilariously stupid rumor

Last night was pretty good imo and not as good as watch the throne...that is until after the Timbo interval it just seemed to go off in spectacular fashion, from front to back side to side everyone on their feet hands in the air (not exaggerating) belting out the hooks etc, very enjoyable and the man himself seemed genuinely blown away

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Anyone have an idea of how many tickets were sold for this and tickets left unsold?

Looking bad at those, Beach Is Better was great. Played it twice.

Once he did Niggas In Paris the place went nuts from then-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NigelScriven

I'm not sure this "music" is suitable for Catholics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm not sure this "music" is suitable for Catholics.

You should talk to your local parish priest about it Nigel.

Advertisement