Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees explanation?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭

I recently had 14 euro something debited from my account for Notified Fees. I had not been informed by post or email that fees were now being charged. I was not given the option of opting for a fixed fee per quarter. I have not been sent any breakdown of the fees charged. How do you justify this, and where can I obtain a breakdown of the fees charged???? 
    Plan on switching my account due to this, have been a customer for over 20 years but not happy with being charged fees without notification...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Zzippy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you are considering closing your account with us. When first opening your account the advisor in the branch would have gone through the fee options with you. You would have been requested to choose one of the options available. We have restructured our Personal Current Account fees and these will come into effect on 19th August 2013. More information can be found here

If you contact your account holding branch a representative will be more than happy to provide you with a breakdown of the fees applied. They can also check if a notification of the fees was issued to you and confirm the address it was sent to.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hi Zzippy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you are considering closing your account with us. When first opening your account the advisor in the branch would have gone through the fee options with you. You would have been requested to choose one of the options available. We have restructured our Personal Current Account fees and these will come into effect on 19th August 2013. More information can be found here. 

If you contact your account holding branch a representative will be more than happy to provide you with a breakdown of the fees applied. They can also check if a notification of the fees was issued to you and confirm the address it was sent to.

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara
    Seeing as I opened the account more than 15 years ago, after having had a student account for 6 years, that's not much of an explanation, I was not charged fees for years then without notification I was. The "Notified Fees" code on the account was a bit ironic, given the complete lack of notification, by post, phone or email. Disgraceful lack of customer service, and another reason to choose a different bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 man3003

PTSB are great for opening an account, they look after everything.

I jumped a few months ago after 15 years with BOI, after years of decling service levels the fees and the lack of communication did it for me.

If your not worth millions your not worth BOI's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leadan

I am considering leaving BOI myself, fees are gone to the dogs.  Several work colleagues and friends are thinking the same.  I rang recently looking for 6 months worth of copy statements and they charged me approx €30! Its crazy, a sheet of paper with information on it from my own personal account, I would have told them to shove it but needed it! Its disgraceful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Zzippy,

We don't have access to account information here so cannot provide you with a full explanation on why this happened. As mentioned above, a representative in your branch would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement