Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calrrification Request on Package / Pricing.....

Options
  • 15-07-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi, 
    Am looking at changing to eircom for broadband, so went onto the website....
    Thinks I knew before I went there...
    1. there are no plans for fibre in my exchange (not surprised)
    2. there are no known plans to upgrade from general (congested) adsl to "next gen" (uncongested) adsl.
    3. I'm close to the exchange so can get avg of ~19 Mb connection.

So with the above in mid I can find the following packages

PACKAGE A) "Advanced Unlimited"  -  unlimimted/uncongested adsl + unlimited off peak phone (national) for €35 (1st 6 months) followed by €50 pm month there after.
    So PACKAGE A works out about €510 for the year
    However I can't get is as Eircom have not (may never) upgrade the exchange

PACKAGE B) So then I looked at what was available and I can get the same package except congested as opposed to uncongested. Specifically "Home Broadband DLS (up to 24 Mb) + talk off peak.The cost of this package is €63 (1st 6 months) followed by €68 pm per month thereafter.
    So PACHAKE B works out about €786 for the year.

Again, the only difference I can see form the packages is that PACKAGE B is inferior from a performance point of view (congested) and in addition costs ~53% more than package A.

Based on my above calculations I'm guessing I'm making a mistake as it's unlikely that you are charging a 50% premium to those who are already disadvantaged by a lack of choice.

Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated. That is, have I made a mistake with my calculations?

thansk in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, 
    Am looking at changing to eircom for broadband, so went onto the website....
    Thinks I knew before I went there...
    1. there are no plans for fibre in my exchange (not surprised)
    2. there are no known plans to upgrade from general (congested) adsl to "next gen" (uncongested) adsl.
    3. I'm close to the exchange so can get avg of ~19 Mb connection.

So with the above in mid I can find the following packages

PACKAGE A) "Advanced Unlimited"  -  unlimimted/uncongested adsl + unlimited off peak phone (national) for €35 (1st 6 months) followed by €50 pm month there after.
    So PACKAGE A works out about €510 for the year
    However I can't get is as Eircom have not (may never) upgrade the exchange

PACKAGE B) So then I looked at what was available and I can get the same package except congested as opposed to uncongested. Specifically "Home Broadband DLS (up to 24 Mb) + talk off peak.The cost of this package is €63 (1st 6 months) followed by €68 pm per month thereafter.
    So PACHAKE B works out about €786 for the year.

Again, the only difference I can see form the packages is that PACKAGE B is inferior from a performance point of view (congested) and in addition costs ~53% more than package A.

Based on my above calculations I'm guessing I'm making a mistake as it's unlikely that you are charging a 50% premium to those who are already disadvantaged by a lack of choice.

Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated. That is, have I made a mistake with my calculations?

thansk in advance

Hi irishgrover

The best advice I can offer is to contact eircom sales on 1800503303 (option 3) as they will be able to offer the best prices available to you.

Unfortunately we are unable discuss package prices and plans from here.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement