Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Dring, Longford July 27th

Options
  • 15-07-2013 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else doing this race ?

Its being held a few miles from where i grew up in Longford so i'm looking forward to it !

Nice lake swim, challenging bike and forest run !

http://www.longfordtri.ie/?page_id=882

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is the run around Derrycassan Woods ? That's my usual running route when down in the in-laws, was only there for a run on Saturday. I often thought it would be a good spot for a tri given it's right on the lake and has a nice 5k or so loop around the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Yup, run is in Derrycassan. Great place to run, did all my running at Christmas there.

This race is only 5 miles from my homeplace and I'd love to be taking part, but unfortunately thats just not going to be possible. Hope Longford Tri club have a great day with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

I'm heading there too.

Whats the bike course like for those with local knowledge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

trihead wrote: »
    I'm heading there too.

Whats the bike course like for those with local knowledge?

Undulating. Certainly the first half is never flat with a couple of decent kicks, but its not too bad, and the surface is mostly ok from what I remember. The route takes a back road on the west side of the lake that I'm not familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Great event !

Lovely swim, tough tech bike and a tough run !

Well done to all involved in Longford Tri Club !

Advertisement