Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a light buggy for almost 2 year old?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

going to Germany soon, and need a light buggy (also light in price, please) for our almost 2 year old - just for the airport, and some longer treks back home, as a backup. Don't want to lug the heavy pram around, I'll be rather pregnant then as well and really could do without the lifting.

I know there's a glut of buggies out there - any recommendations from the experts here? ;)

It needs to be light, easily foldable (for the technically challenged grandparents :p) and I'd prefer some sort of hood on it. Oh, and the handles need to be adjustable, as I'm pretty tall (5'11", hubby even taller) but the grandparents arent...

And it should be in a price range that doesn't make me weep if the airline loses it...

Cheers ;-)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Petit Zia or single out n about are worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'd have a look in the shops and then see if what takes your fancy can be bought second hand. I know someone who picked up a Maclaren stroller for a song because a family had rarely used it and was selling it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I got a Quinny Zapp secon hand nice and cheap. It is lovely and light and folds up in a single piece but isn't great for tall people - we keep it in the boot of the car for town etc but not for long walks.

Great for what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I have a baby elegance stroller and it drives up the wall. Doesnt want to go the way i want to go. Hood falls off just a pain. It was a spare stroller and my SIL had it as she minds my daughter but our graco mosaic (loved that) recently broke so we needed it and god it broke my heart. I just bought a new graco so thankfully its back to very occasional use for the baby elegance one. Before i bought my new one, i borrowed my mil maclaren quest (as baby elegance was such a pain ) and i thought it was brilliant. Hers waa 5 yrs old and only had occasional use with grand kids or foster kids but it was great. Folds really easy, really light and has a huge seat. Not sure if the handles are extendable though. Would of probably bought one only were going to be needing a double so bought one that converts from single to double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Petite Star Zia + has adjustable handles. It's not cheap though, look online for second hand ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I've the cosetto go lightly oh I love it!
    Not cheap though, it was a present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Gonna pick the below up for our guy when we go on holidays, cheap & cheerful, I'm not planning on using it long term just really for the holiday & a spare in an emergancy.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3769063/Trail/searchtext%3EPUSHCHAIRS.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Highly recommend second hand if you find something you like the look of. We got a dirt cheap Maclaren (XLR I think) for a fraction of what it would have cost new. Light, adjustable, foot muff thingy, rain cover etc

Advertisement