Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Castebar from Galway this Sunday?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 4:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭

Going up for the game so need to be in Castlebar around 12-1pm.

Seems Corduff and Healys don't do it on a Sunday. Was thinking maybe Feda up to Claremorris but they don't leave Galway til 3 so too late.

Bus Eireann is telling me an 8:45 bus up to Ballyhaunis, wait an hour and a half then another hour and a half bus along to Cbar :( What kind of delights does Ballyhaunis offer of a 10am on a Sunday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭grainuaile

Jesus, not much :)
    I don't know what routes are available but have you looked into a galway to Westport bus, and make ur way over from there? Its closer than ballyhappiness & has a lot more going on if you have time to waste :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭NoPasaran

grainuaile wrote: »
    Jesus, not much :)
    I don't know what routes are available but have you looked into a galway to Westport bus, and make ur way over from there? Its closer than ballyhappiness & has a lot more going on if you have time to waste :)
    Bus Eireann Galway to Westport is the same ordeal - same bus up to Ballyhaunis.

Absolutely ridiculous that an hour car journey takes 4 hours with these clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

NoPasaran wrote: »
    Going up for the game so need to be in Castlebar around 12-1pm.

Seems Corduff and Healys don't do it on a Sunday. Was thinking maybe Feda up to Claremorris but they don't leave Galway til 3 so too late.

Bus Eireann is telling me an 8:45 bus up to Ballyhaunis, wait an hour and a half then another hour and a half bus along to Cbar :( What kind of delights does Ballyhaunis offer of a 10am on a Sunday?

the mayo game doesnt kick off till 4.

You can get a 64 leaving galway at 08.42 galway derry route, get off at knock airport and then get a 21 from knock airport as 11:45. You can plane spot in the airport for the hour between buses.

irishgeo wrote: »
    There's drinkin to be done

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

irishgeo wrote: »

Says throw in is @ 2 on my tickets ( minor match @12)

• Advertisement

Says throw in is @ 2 on my tickets ( minor match @12)
    Says 2 on the RTE site as well actually. The Bus Eireann pilgrimage gets me in at 12.45 which is grand really. May get picked up from Balyhaunis anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Match is definitely @2 on Sunday

sorry my mistake it is 2pm, i thought it was 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

If you had a bike you would be faster cycling.

If you had a bike you would be faster cycling.
    I know well.. tbh that should be Bus Eireann's tagline "Ye'd be faster cycling"

• Advertisement

NoPasaran wrote: »
    I know well.. tbh that should be Bus Eireann's tagline "Ye'd be faster cycling"

c.i.e - cycling is easier. :D thats been around for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Try posting in the Galway forum. Maybe you could arrange a lift? A very long winded way would be to get the Galway to athlone train and then the athlone to castlebar train. Not sure of the times but might be an option.

Or to down Saturday and make a night of it. Again though, it's a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Did you get sorted OP? I know someone that might be going down for the match but only one-way if thats any good to you?

Going to bus up to Ballyhaunis and get a lift, sound though!

Advertisement