Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    Had a chat about this in work today with a few lads. The only way we could really see Mata working is 4-2-3-1 with RVP up top. That said, Mata plays best centrally so you are looking at sticking him in the middle of the three with Rooney and probably Jan out wide. Jan won't play alot of games though being so young so maybe Valencia or Nani could come in.

It'll be interesting to see. For me, United needed an attacking creative player who sits a bit further back than Mata. This has to spell the end for Kagawa though. He's number three in terms of the players for that ten position. Makes a bit of a mockery of Moyes not going for Ozil and saying it was because they had Kagawa and Rooney to play number 10.

That's what you've said and your gonna stick to it, I don't get it personally, he's been playing all along ahead of international players, now that they've signed one more player he's suddenly too young???

Gundogen from Dortmund is on his way to United with Kagawa going the other way, this is apparently in the pipeline once the Mata deal is finalised, United could be a force in the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That's what you've said and your gonna stick to it, I don't get it personally, he's been playing all along ahead of international players, now that they've signed one more player he's suddenly too young???

Gundogen from Dortmund is on his way to United with Kagawa going the other way, this is apparently in the pipeline once the Mata deal is finalised, United could be a force in the remainder of the season.

He was always too young. When did I say he wasn't?

I'd also be interested in your definition of "playing all along". He came to the fore against Sunderland in GW7 and since then he has only played 90 minutes six times, three of those coming in the last three GWs.

He was in and out of the team until injuries allowed him a run. Rooney and RVP are almost back now though.

I wouldn't at all be confident of his playing time. And like your previous mate Townsend, he's not justifying the price he's at by putting points on the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »

Still can't get my head around Jose allowing it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Still can't get my head around Jose allowing it tbh.

I wonder did FFP have anything to do with it...

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    I wonder did FFP have anything to do with it...

Pardon my ignorance but who is FFP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pardon my ignorance but who is FFP?

Financial fair play

Financial fair play

Ah right, I doubt it. According to reports Mata was only on 70k a week which was quite low.

Ah right, I doubt it. According to reports Mata was only on 70k a week which was quite low.

Its not just his wages that matter in FFP terms though, this article explains it well and puts to bed any thought that FFP was a reasoning behind the Mata sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Heskey misses sitter in derby

http://gfycat.com/LeftUnlinedInsect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

According to SSN, Newcastle have rejected a £14m bid from PSG for Cabaye. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days.

According to SSN, Newcastle have rejected a £14m bid from PSG for Cabaye. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few days.

I'd say Pardew will have asked him to stay until the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah that's definitely first bid. And they're right to refuse it. He's worth £20m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

xuco.png

Bale still owned by 1.4% of people.. Over 40,000 teams still have Bale!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Major dilemma with team selection tomorrow.
    Azpil H west ham
    Kos A southampton
    Ward H Hull
    Bardsley H Stoke
    Evans H cardiff
    LLalana H Arsenal
    I have to pick 4 of those 6 and could make arguments for picking all 6. Any suggestions on what the best 4 would be.

Major dilemma with team selection tomorrow.
    Azpil H west ham
    Kos A southampton
    Ward H Hull
    Bardsley H Stoke
    Evans H cardiff
    LLalana H Arsenal
    I have to pick 4 of those 6 and could make arguments for picking all 6. Any suggestions on what the best 4 would be.

I'd drop Lallana and either Bardsley or Evans, would wait for team sheets tomorrow

All my defenders are away from home!

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd drop Lallana and either Bardsley or Evans, would wait for team sheets tomorrow

All my defenders are away from home!

Im not going to get to see teamsheets tomorrow, training tomorrow evening. I was thinking kos and bardsley.

In the FFS Cup semi final my opponent has taken a -8 hit, but there's enough differentials to win it for him.

Nervous times. Quiet Lukaku and Ozil please

In the FFS Cup semi final my opponent has taken a -8 hit, but there's enough differentials to win it for him.

Ozil down a point anyway with no clean sheet. Every bit helps

Ozil down a point anyway with no clean sheet. Every bit helps

I doubled up on arsenal defenders...

• Advertisement

I doubled up on arsenal defenders...

And as it happens he has two Southampton at the back, could be inspired

Ok have added up points with projected bonus and looking like this:

Him: 42pts (-8), Silva the only differential left to play

Me: 49pts, Yaya Toure and Kolarov my differentials

so I lead by 15pts as it stands with 2 left, he has 1 left to play (we both have Hazard + Aguero also). Quiet one from Silva should see me through.

Ok have added up points with projected bonus and looking like this:

Him: 42pts (-8), Silva the only differential left to play

Me: 49pts, Yaya Toure and Kolarov my differentials

so I lead by 15pts as it stands with 2 left, he has 1 left to play (we both have Hazard + Aguero also). Quiet one from Silva should see me through.
    good stuff

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku could face a long absence after injuring his ankle in the Merseyside derby.
    "We're going to assess it. At the moment he's got his ankle in a cast and it doesn't look too good. He just collided with Gareth Barry in the corner as the ball was delivered into the near post. There was a collision and he got an ankle twisted."

_72587084_lukakureuters.jpg
    Wenger confirms further Ramsey setback
    Aaron Ramsey is set to miss the next 6 weeks after suffering a recurrence of his thigh injury in training. Arsene Wenger said after tonight’s game against Southampton, “Ramsey is out for longer than we expected. He had a little setback in training. The same muscle.”

The Welshman was due back this week but picked up the knock and is set for another spell on the sidelines. He’d been out since December 26th with an injury picked up against West Ham and this latest issue creates a big problem for Arsene Wenger.

ramsey_1880143a.jpg
    Lovren out for up to 8 weeks
    Lovren and Gaston were carried off towards the end of their hard-fought 2-2 draw with Sunderland last weekend and were always unlikely to make their FA Cup fourth Round match at home to Yeovil.

But scans have reveled the injuries are far worse than first thought and the duo will be out for between around two months.

“We confirmed they are serious injuries and both players will be out for some weeks,” said Southampton assistant manager Jesus Perez.

"And the time out for the players will be roughly six to eight weeks.”

article-2547072-1AC3B1FA00000578-452_634x417.jpg
    Tottenham trio could return against Manchester City
    Tottenham could have Jan Vertonghen, Sandro and Paulinho back from injury against Manchester City tomorrow.

The Spurs trio have all returned to full training and head coach Tim Sherwood today confirmed they are available for the game White Hart Lane.

Sherwood did admit he is wary about rushing them back too soon and will assess their fitness before making a decision on whether they start. Younes Kaboul has also returned to full training but Andros Townsend and Erik Lamela remain sidelined.

article-2544700-1AE8D09300000578-463_634x544.jpg

Definitely throwing a few spanners into teams..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any word on Cazorla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Danger781 wrote: »
    Definitely throwing a few spanners into teams..
    Looks like my team avoided this particular set of spanners (for once!)

Using the Setminer stats tool on my league after GW23 shows why I hope my RVP/Suarez/Aguero plan will come into its own.

Of the top 50 only 2 have RVP, that being me and Hackers of this forum.

Only 16 have Aguero so he is now also a bit of a differential for me given his price increases.

49 have Suarez and he will probably be most peoples default captain, therefore RVP or Aguero captaincies that pay off will be invaluable to me.

36 have Yaya vs 3 for Silva so that could go either way for me as I'm going with Silva from next week.

Coleman must have been confirmed out for the weekend??? He's currently red flagged with a 9 Feb return date.

Oh sorry, I was supposed to put a smiley face there:p he's caused me nothing but grief since I left him on the bench for the first game(13 points), sold him before he started scoring and bought him back when he stopped.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Coleman must have been confirmed out for the weekend??? He's currently red flagged with a 9 Feb return date.

Oh sorry, I was supposed to put a smiley face there:p he's caused me nothing but grief since I left him on the bench for the first game(13 points), sold him before he started scoring and bought him back when he stopped.:(
    Yep should be back for Spurs game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Has anyone got a link showing the fixtures of each team side by side each other so it's easy for comparison? Such a pain jumping across each teams fixtures and it's harder to assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

The link below might be of use to you, I don't know though if they will update for after GW 28 but it will get you over the next few weeks anyway!

http://fantasyfootball247.co.uk/fixture-ticker/
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link showing the fixtures of each team side by side each other so it's easy for comparison? Such a pain jumping across each teams fixtures and it's harder to assess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

fantasyfootballscout.co.uk have a next 6 ticker on the right hand side of their homepage. Very handy!

Cheers lads, exams done so trying to plan out the rest of my season for when I want to bring defenders in. Going well so far :pac:

Somebody was making some claims to me about Suarez's record and that he did not necessarily deliver against the top sides so, being me I had to do some analysis.

It was interesting stuff in the end so I thought I'd share.

Key facts about Suarez's insane goals, assists and FPL points and where he has gained there are:

As we know he has 22 goals in 18 games and an incredible 193 FPL points averaging 1.22 goals per game and 10.7 FPL points per game.

Breaking it down by quality of opposition though is interesting.

He has played 6 times against the current top 7 sides (i.e. Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton (twice). They've still to play Man U twice)
    In these 6 games he has only scored 4 goals. He has 6 assists and 50 FPL points.
    This averages at 0.67 goals per game and 8.33 points per game. Still not bad in fairness.

He has played 12 games against sides outside the top 7.
    In these he has 18 goals, 12 assists and 143 FPL Points.
    This averages at 1.5 goals per game and 11.92 FPL Points per game.

How you interpret this is up to you.

I would suggest it shows he does not score as freely against the top sides with better defences. In fact when you take it that of the 4 goals, 2 came against Spurs who played some suicidal tactics with their high line, and 1 last night against an understrength Everton defence which fell apart in a Derby game, his goal returns against these teams is not phenomenal.

He has the same rate of assists against all teams, 1 per game.

His FPL points returns are almost 50% higher against non-top 7 sides, again its worth considering the nature of the Spurs and Everton games counted in these figures too. He scored 1 point against City, 2 against Arsenal and 5 against Chelsea.

He has hit double figure points returns 10 times. Of those 2 were against top 7 teams in the SPurs and Everton games mentioned, as well as a 9 in the first Mersyside derby. 8 were from the 12 games against lower sides. He has scored double figures 2/3s of the time against sides outside the top 7.

These facts may be interesting in captain decisions. Certainly they challenge the 'Captain Suarez all the time' argument. He is not exactly fixture proof.

For anyone who does goalkeepers on the cheap, there is a new possible rotation option between Mannone and Adrian of West Ham, and it's only 8.7m.

Mannone: new, HUL, city, ars, no game, liv, CRY, nor, WHU, tot, EVE, che, CAR, utd, SWA.

Adrian: SWA, avl, NOR, SOU, eve, HUL, stoke, utd, sun, LIV, ars, CRY, wba, TOT, city.

Would give you:

Swansea (h)
    Hull (h)
    Norwich (h)
    Southampton (h)
    Everton (a)
    Hull (h)
    Crystal Palace (h)
    Norwich (h)
    West Ham (h)
    Liverpool (h)/Tottenham (a)
    Everton (h)/ Arsenal (a)
    Crystal Palace (h)
    Tottenham (h)/ United (a)
    Swansea (h)

I think myself, I'm gonna keep a 3.9m keeper, and swap Mannone out for Adrian after Hull at home, and then bring Mannone back in after Liverpool away. But people who like two playing keepers, this could work, as Marshall's CS potential is very questionable now!

• Advertisement

Tarrabt to Milan wtaf

FHFC wrote: »
    (i.e. Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Everton (twice). They've still to play Man U twice)

What is this BS?

What is this BS?

He forgot the Suarez suspension when they played in August.

He forgot the Suarez suspension when they played in August.

Exactly, I was only analysing Suarez's games, so I had deleted their early games from my spreadsheet and had a bit of tunnel vision after that!!!

Apologies.

Final time....the other Irish guy ranked in top 1K got knocked out in the other semi so it's me versus an American....

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/01/30/fantasy-football-scout-cup-viii-the-final/

• Advertisement

Fair play to you, mate... That's a great achievement. Hope you take him in the final. Serious bragging rights if/when you do.

Edit: forgot to ask, when is the final gw? Have you any plans to take a load of hits the week beforehand to set your team up or just go with Whats been working so far?

Fair play to you, mate... That's a great achievement. Hope you take him in the final. Serious bragging rights if/when you do.

Edit: forgot to ask, when is the final gw? Have you any plans to take a load of hits the week beforehand to set your team up or just go with Whats been working so far?

It's this weekend so any hits would be deducted. I've used my 2 free transfers and he's used his one. Undecided on 1 player starting so thinking about that, and worried he'll try an exotic captain choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Final time....the other Irish guy ranked in top 1K got knocked out in the other semi so it's me versus an American....

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/01/30/fantasy-football-scout-cup-viii-the-final/
    Well done, best of luck, will be following your progress. Do the forum proud!!

CSF wrote: »
    Well done, best of luck, will be following your progress. Do the forum proud!!

Cheers! I already got a £25 free bet for getting the highest score in the last round (ironically I went out of the actual cup this week). So that's a nice start.

I'll post up my team and my opposition's team tomorrow morning after the deadline if I can but I've a long trip up North ahead of me so will miss all the action of tomorrow's games! (Only likely to have 3 players playing tomorrow anyway but still)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Kim Kallstrom (Spartak) set to sign for Arsenal

Holtby to Fulham for the remainder of the season, 6.2 still a bit expensive though!

bezuaua wrote: »
    Kim Kallstrom (Spartak) set to sign for Arsenal

A CM 01/02 hero

SSN aguero could be out for a month

A CM 01/02 hero

Signed him every game. Don't know if I'm thinking of the right year but Tevez and Yakubu were beasts as well.

Everton defender Johnny Heitinga is set to sign for Fulham later today, after finding his first-team opportunities limited under Roberto Martinez, reports The Daily Mail.

Hardly a reliable source, but still. Would be a strange move for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement