Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

qwabercd wrote: »
    Szczesny is also 5.5m. Arsenal conceded 37 goals last season, whereas Liverpool conceded 42. Mignolet is priced correctly imo. Toure at 5m is the real value. Mignolet saving a penalty skewed this early on. Fully expect Toure to grab a few goals this season too.

Did Liverpool not keep more clean sheets though?

Reina was priced at 6 million, despite missing parts of last season, so that was the price point the boffins had set Liverpool's goalkeeper price at. Not 5.5.

I think that alone is proof Mignolet is under priced for the club he's at. He was priced at 5.5 to be Sunderland 'keeper.

I'd also argue that Liverpool were far better in the latter half of last season after they signed Coutinho and Sturridge. They have also strengthened this Summer by signing players like Toure and Aspas.

Arsenal haven't strengthened their team yet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

man city are playing at 12:45 next week, what are the chances the team news would be out before 11:30?

if Negredo starts he would be captain material next week

redzerdrog wrote: »
    man city are playing at 12:45 next week, what are the chances the team news would be out before 11:30?

if Negredo starts he would be captain material next week

This was discussed last year when people were waiting to see if Marc Wilson would start for Stoke in a 12.45 game.

People waited until the last second but the team news did not appear until after the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Lemlin wrote: »

I'd also argue that Liverpool were far better in the latter half of last season after they signed Coutinho and Sturridge. They have also strengthened this Summer by signing players like Toure and Aspas.

Arsenal haven't strengthened their team yet at all.

Arsenal were also far far better in the latter half without improving.

This was discussed last year when people were waiting to see if Marc Wilson would start for Stoke in a 12.45 game.

People waited until the last second but the team news did not appear until after the deadline.

I just know with Liverpool the team is often leaked a bit before the official team news, any city fans here find the same for city?

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Arsenal were also far far better in the latter half without improving.

Point accepted but I just think morale at the club is a bit downbeat at the minute. They are also having an injury crisis and are thin on numbers.

Yes, they've bounced back after the Villa game but it'll be interesting to see how they go against Spurs this weekend.

I think they will finish above Liverpool but I fancy Liverpool to do better defensively. Sczesny (or however you spell it) has looked a liability if anything so far.

I am keeping an eye on Kos. Could be great value at 5.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Point accepted but I just think morale at the club is a bit downbeat at the minute. They are also having an injury crisis and are thin on numbers.

Yes, they've bounced back after the Villa game but it'll be interesting to see how they go against Spurs this weekend.

I think they will finish above Liverpool but I fancy Liverpool to do better defensively. Sczesny (or however you spell it) has looked a liability if anything so far.

Well there's one thing for sure anyway, sczcesney/scezsny/szczesny/chesney's name is an absolute nightmare to spell. Don't know how many times I've had to google it.

anyone know how you can find out your finishing position/points from previous years?

I am keeping an eye on Kos. Could be great value at 5.4.

I don't want to come across as that argumentative twat but I think the morale is quite how again now, because of the fact you brought up about how "they've bounced back".

Chesney had a stormer against Fulham. Brilliant game. Was clueless at times against Villa though, which I assume you know.

Your last point is one I completely share though. Koscielny at 5.4 is a treat. He will get 1-3 goals and will get a decent amount of clean sheets.

I have Lescott (5.5) so whenever it looks like...

(a) Lescott will lose his place.
    (b) Koscielny about to go back up in price

...I will replace him with Koscielny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

anyone know how you can find out your finishing position/points from previous years?

Go on to your points page, then click on "View Gameweek History", should be in there.

• Advertisement

Go on to your points page, then click on "View Gameweek History", should be in there.

cheers for that,

its actually quite cool to look at I didnt realise i played it for 4 season I thought it was only 3, but steady improvement every year

Season Points Rank
    2009/10 1927 625833
    2010/11 2052 34315
    2011/12 2062 74478
    2012/13 2285 1824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

cheers for that,

its actually quite cool to look at I didnt realise i played it for 4 season I thought it was only 3, but steady improvement every year

Season Points Rank
    2009/10 1927 625833
    2010/11 2052 34315
    2011/12 2062 74478
    2012/13 2285 1824

You know you dropped ~40K places between 2010/11 and 2011/12? Just sayin.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just watched highlights of Cardiff City v Man City.

Thoughts on Fraizer Campbell?

:D

Is it possible to change your country in order to enter into a handier league? I thought i'd done it by changing my details on the user profile but i'm still in the Irish league for some reason.

(And yes, I am aware this question is slightly pathetic!)

Crap. Wasn't expecting it to be in the FAQ section of the site. Can't change your country after the first GW :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Would it be crazy to consider benching Van Persie next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

DJKendo wrote: »

yes as crazy as it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bat-sh!t mental :eek:

Ha just for the sake of argument, who are you proposing to play in his place?

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    You know you dropped ~40K places between 2010/11 and 2011/12? Just sayin.......

ha didnt notice that actually i was just looking at the points standard must have improved that year!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

For the person that asked about the wildcard points

My team before the wildcard

Boruc
    Koscielny lescott Toure
    Hazard nolan silva mata
    Benteke Soldado lukaka

This week they'd have scored:

3 for the chelsea players though Mata and Lukaku didnt play
    [-S]5[/S] for Silva and 1 for lescott points for the city players though silva probably would have got the armband so 11
    Boruc - 2
    Toure - 8
    Nolan - 3
    Benteke - 2
    Soldado - 7

Kos didnt play, Colback, Gabbidon and chester were my subs in that order.
    Chester 7 and gabbidon 1 would come in for (mata and lukaku) best case scenario

I put Dawson in when I played my wildcard for Kos so maybe use Dawsons points? 6

= So 42 points

This week I scored 58 points with my wildcard team.

I didnt pick the right chelsea players and had Kos so I had to wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Random question.. if someone joins a league at this stage - can they join it from Week 1? (They did have a team set up from the start of the season.. just didn't join the league)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

They can once League admin allows entry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Benching Van Persie is never acceptable. That includes when he has a broken leg. One of your subs will likely come in automatically, but you give RVP every chance to play.

Completely crazy.

He is fixture-proof.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If you have Van Persie, you never ever bench him. Ever. I mean never. I actually mean never ever.

One minute, I dont think I am being clear. Let me restate things.

Never ever put him outside of your 11 starting players. Ever. Don't do it. He can score against anyone. If he can score against anyone, then he shouldn't be dropped.

See this guy?

RVP2_1646800a.jpg

Don't put him on the bench against any of the other 19 teams in the Premier League.

Never do this....

Robin-Van-Persie-Bench.jpg

He won't like that. When he scores a hattrick, you won't like that.

So to summerize, don't bench Van Persie.

Why?

What he said. ^^^ :D

I'm just not 100% clear on what point FutureGuy was trying to get across? :pac:

311.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Moyes will rest RVP for the upcoming home games against Palace and WBA...

I wouldn't have to give up smoking if that was true, I reckon Moyes resting him for those two games would add at least 14 years onto my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm just not 100% clear on what point FutureGuy was trying to get across? :pac:

311.gif

He was a bit vague ok :D

• Advertisement

Just used my wild card to make a load of changes, and a thought just occured to me. 3 of them players are due to go up in value to night, and 2 or 3 are close to a rise.

If I wanted to, could I capitalise on those value changes before the GW deadline, or would I have to wait until the next GW now to sell and make any profits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just used my wild card to make a load of changes, and a thought just occured to me. 3 of them players are due to go up in value to night, and 2 or 3 are close to a rise.

If I wanted to, could I capitalise on those value changes before the GW deadline, or would I have to wait until the next GW now to sell and make any profits?

You can profit, and that's what lots of people try and do. So you can buy someone at the start of the week that you have no intention of keeping, wait for him to rise by 0.2m and then sell him again before the deadline.

You can profit, and that's what lots of people try and do. So you can buy someone at the start of the week that you have no intention of keeping, wait for him to rise by 0.2m and then sell him again before the deadline.

Even if you transfer in after a GW starts and transfer out before the next one starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Even if you transfer in after a GW starts and transfer out before the next one starts?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

How do you know if a player is going to increase in price?

How do you know if a player is going to increase in price?

This tells you:

http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php

Is Sturridge nearly in danger of being a must-have? :p

Another good goal for him tonight.

Is Sturridge nearly in danger of being a must-have? :p

Another good goal for him tonight.

Currently on 95.7%. If he could hold off until atleast tomorrow.

Had planned on using wc after gw3. Team is in ok shape so may hold off (will re-assess after the gameweek is over). When is the second international break? After gw6 is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I honestly think a mod should ban you for even thinking about doing it.

• Advertisement

Had planned on using wc after gw3. Team is in ok shape so may hold off (will re-assess after the gameweek is over). When is the second international break? After gw6 is it?

The week beginning GW7 5th October running until GW8 19th Oct

The week beginning GW7 5th October running until GW8 19th Oct

Might be a bit long to hold off so. With toure's injury now I might just fire ahead next week.

Might be a bit long to hold off so. With toure's injury now I might just fire ahead next week.

Yeah I was thinking about it but with the BPS crisis with defenders it's better to react quickly rather than sit it out and patch things up. Time to get ahead I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

When Luiz is back, will he play at CB? Opinions.

JokerD wrote: »
    When Luiz is back, will he play at CB? Opinions.

I don't think so. I think he'll play defensive mid. He's not a good enough defender for Mourinho.

He generally seems to make at least one bad mistake a game. As a defensive mid there's cover there to cut any danger off but as a defender it will nearly always result in a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

wildcard already used :(

FT used last night, but am hoping for another to get toure out for terry.

Will another one generate for the beginning of gw3?
    When do they expire? sept 2nd?

cheers,

Joxer

joxers25 wrote: »

cheers,

Joxer

You get one free transfer every week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cheers,

Joxer

You'll get to your next FT on Saturday at 11:31am(ish).
    In time for gw4.

You can get rid of Toure then.

cheers,

Joxer

Wait, did you use your wildcard THIS week? If so, you can make as many free transfers as you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

Wait, did you use your wildcard THIS week? If so, you can make as many free transfers as you want.

nope - made a balls of picking players to get team in for gw1 @ 11:30 saturday morning of gw1 and used it before gw2 without knowing the consequences :(

1st time doing fantasy footie so big learning curve.

lovin it though!

Joxer

Advertisement