Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Question

Options
  • 15-07-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I am just wondering what percentage of tax is taken weekly from a person's paycheck at home. I live here in NY. I'm a Refrigeration Engineer and have seen some jobs advertised at home. I'm just wondering say e50,000 salary what goes into your pocket. Here I'm taxed at 27%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

For a PAYE worker €34,869 according to
    www.deloitte.ie/tc

So on €50k all deductions tax, PRSI & USC is €15,131 or 30.26%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

You also have much lower sales tax etc & a better standard of living there. Unless you absolutely had to com home, I'd say you we're better off there until at least end of October when we see how much further the government is going to screw us in the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 steel header

Thanks for the reply lads. I'm here since 89' or 87' I kinda forget. I'm not planning on returning...yet anyway. I was just pondering on what I would do if I did go back. I'm not sure I would want to join the work force. I never worked at home, a real job I mean. It was straight to the airport when I left school.
    I always thought the budget was in January? I was always a depressing day. My mother and father would be basket cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

they moved it to October, some years recently they've had a "mini" budget earlier in the year.

Honestly, and I hate saying it, but the country is screwed & is going to be for decades. It's far worse than you're hearing through traditional media.

They've to cut another €3.1b off the deficit this year & another €2b next (I think). & I've no idea where it's going to come from. They're estimating €0.5b in property tax this year with €1b next (full year's payments), then there's water charges coming in, but that won't raise as much. They can't raise the VAT more (it's currently 23%) as that would really kill spending. I'm guessing massive cuts to social welfare this year with more the following with an increase in dutys on the old reliables (petrol, cigs & alcohol). Maybe an increase in income taxes.

This is the fourth month in a row that numbers of passengers have increased in Dublin Airport & the amount of jobs being advertised in decreasing with the number of applicants increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

So basically like 1989, but with no butter vouchers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement