Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs Dresses in London

Options
  • 15-07-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have my debs in september, and am planning on going to London to look for a dress, but I'm not sure where to look. I want to spend under £200, and would prefer to go somewhere that isnt in Ireland. Does anyone know any good places to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Moved to the London forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

A friend of my OH's sister got hers in Camden market a few weeks ago, but it was quite an individual style and not a 'traditional' ballgown type debs dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

What do you want OP, a traditional style flouncy desbs or something like you'd get in BT's, or a different type altogether (Vivian of Holloway)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Ellynuz wrote: »
    I have my debs in september, and am planning on going to London to look for a dress, but I'm not sure where to look. I want to spend under £200, and would prefer to go somewhere that isnt in Ireland. Does anyone know any good places to go?
    I have to ask: why?

You're going to fork out on flights and accommodation to buy a dress for less than £200? That seems like something of a false economy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

djpbarry wrote: »

I would guess she doesn't want to risk getting the same dress as someone else in her class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

serrity wrote: »
    I would guess she doesn't want to risk getting the same dress as someone else in her class?
    Oh. I see.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I know a girl who bought a dress while visiting relatives in Arizona, thinking that nobody else would have the same one. Then she wore it to the Science Ball in Trinity and spotted another girl wearing the dress, she had a brief chat with her ("Haven't we both got great taste, blah blah etc") and it turned out the other girl had bought it in Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ellynuz

djpbarry wrote: »

You're going to fork out on flights and accommodation to buy a dress for less than £200? That seems like something of a false economy to me.

My sister lives in London and it is an excuse to visit her as I have not seen her in some time. I'm in a large school and dress crossovers are pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ellynuz

Something pretty simple! nothing blingy or too out there

Advertisement