Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme Eligibility

Options
  • 15-07-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if my situation would make me eligible for a CE Scheme Job position ... having trouble getting through to FÁS while I'm in work and want to apply for a position ASAP!

I'm 27 and was on the Job Seekers Allowance (for about 15 months) until March, when I got part-time work, and so started signing on for casual payments, so I'm still on the system and get a small cheque each week. I only ever work 3 days a week.

So first question ..... I am looking to apply for a CE Scheme position via FÁS. I applied for one of these in February , and I know I was definitly eligible then. Am I still eligible for these CE scheme positions seeing as I am now signing as a casual worker?

And secondly, I have been offered 2 months of part time work in another place, which means that I would be working 5 days a week. If I am eligible for the CE scheme in my current position, would taking on this extra work make me not eligible?

Thanks a million!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You must be aged 25 years or over and unemployed for 12 months or more, but For JA or JB recipients, a maximum of 30 worked days in the 12 months prior to commencing a Community Employment Scheme will be allowed in assessing eligibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

Yeah someone just told me this. So beyond frustrated. Couldn't get a job for over a year. Finally got a rubbish, soul-destroying part-time job that has absolutely nothing to do with anything I want to do or my qualification, but took it because I figured "I'm lucky to get offered anything and it's better than being on the dole". And now, apparently, that step to try and be less of a burden on the state has deemed me unable to apply for the majority of the jobs that I would like to apply for or that I would be suited to. The rest of the jobs are Jobbridge but I can't apply for them either because I've already done one.

Zero jobs available for my qualifications and experience that aren't Jobbridge or CE Scheme. It seems like every time I try to take a step forward and be proactive, the whole system shoots me back down. Haven't a clue where to go from here.

You could still be eligible. Just apply for the Scheme anyway and see hoe you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ruth_wex

Ive clocked up 32 days of work so I am officially not eligible. Crap!

Advertisement