Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Piñata

Options
  • 15-07-2013 6:50pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I started making a piñata the other week, giving myself a few days to get it all done. I started with a rabbit-shaped balloon and got busy with the papier maché. I took a break and left the first bit to dry. Overnight the balloon burst and there was no chance of finding another one at short notice or getting it to dry in time. I was a little annoyed so went for a walk to calm down. Then I had a literal lightbulb moment. We happened to have a spare one of these in the house and it took all of half an hour to convert it into a damn fine, Angry-birds themed piñata. The structure is solid enough and can withstand twenty or thirty slaps of a bamboo stick.The sweets and presents pop out the sides in ones and twos before the big bonanza when the arse falls out of it.

Just in case it might be of some use to someone in a similar bind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Well done, that's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

jes well done...did you have to paper mache around the lantern too..i love it but can never find a good place to dry them out properly

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Milly33 wrote: »
    jes well done...did you have to paper mache around the lantern too..i love it but can never find a good place to dry them out properly

No, just glue or tape crepe paper onto it. Quickest is to tear and hang strips vertically around the opening at the top or bunch the paper up and glue it on like fur

Perfect my nephews birthday is coming up soon I might give this a go thanks for the heads up

any tips on how to rescue one. I had it painted and decided to give it another coat of glue to see if it would harden more and whoops now tis no longer hard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Just found this, super idea! Well done! Going to try do this for my next party!

Advertisement