Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You have seen a Mad Max film, right? :pac:

seen em all, cant reccomend the newest one highly enough.

The first one is the only one that was definitively Australian though, (in my mind anyway, the years have not been kind to my memory) :D

its very strong in this clip though, to the point of almost being a caricature. - he reminds me of steve irwin or mick dundee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Could be a class game if they get it right.

I remember thinking when watching the film that some of it was actually like playing a game - specifically I was thinking of the GTAA V chase where the boat gets robbed, and the Sand Andreas one that was a shameless ripoff of T2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Doesn't look too shabby at all but isn't metal gear solid 5 out the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Doesn't look too shabby at all but isn't metal gear solid 5 out the same day?

I think so, yeah.

I wonder will publishers look to start spreading out their releases more? Its certainly done no harm for dying light and the Witcher 3.

This game would probably do better if it was a Jan / Feb release - a nice antidote from the annual barrage of COD and Assassins creed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I feel bad for this game. It looks like it could be great. But its facing Metal Gear and now probably Fallout 4. They should probably hold off and release it in January - that's what Dying Light did, and it did really well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fallout 4 would hurt it badly. I know there's not a chance I'd be picking up Mad Max if it released around the same period as FO4, even though it is a game I want to play.

• Still hyped for this; New E3 Trailer above

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Glad to see they put some electric guitar in there. Feels a bit more like the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that's a feature of the game where nearby villains get a boost so you have to take them down first

you can get a key here for €21.33

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Cant wait for this, been missing a bit of decent driving action since GTA V.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im not convinced by this at all,think ill be skipping it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Im not convinced by this at all,think ill be skipping it .

Same here. Having said that, I felt the exact same way about Shadow of Mordor before its release, and I loved it (well, what I played of it on a mate's PC). So I hope Max surprises in the same way, but I'm definitely waiting for feedback and reviews.

Well obviously Im waiting for reviews aswell but I like what I see so far.

Over 1 hour of Ps4 gameplay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm just watching that video now myself.

This seems like we've got the combat from Batman combined with the "capture the bases" from Ubisoft: The Game (with a specific flavour of weird and trippy from the Far Cry games).

I can live with that, but I hope people don't get too hyped expecting much more beyond that cause I'm sick of listening to whinging gamer entitlement from gobshtes who preordered something and didn't get what they wanted :D

• Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm just watching that video now myself.

This seems like we've got the combat from Batman combined with the "capture the bases" from Ubisoft: The Game (with a specific flavour of weird and trippy from the Far Cry games).

I can live with that, but I hope people don't get too hyped expecting much more beyond that cause I'm sick of listening to whinging gamer entitlement from gobshtes who preordered something and didn't get what they wanted :D
    I hate watching game-play vids as they spoil games, but is there any actual gun combat as opposed to just melee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just skimmed through the video. I gotta say... that looks really generic and boring. Also the lack of detail in the violence, blood and gore is disappointing for a mad max game. Basic blood splat effects, no face disfiguring, visible wounds or bruises. Honestly thought they'd let you continue to attack KO/Dead enemies but from the looks of it they just ragdoll and not interactable anymore.

Not Mad enough.

• Advertisement

Generic is the word. At least the car sounded like it had a bit of muscle though, Ill probably just blast through the plot missions then just forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I am really in two minds about this
    I can buy it now for €20 or wait until after it is released and see what the verdict is and by that time the price might have gone up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

This is coming out same day as metal gear solid 5. Not a good idea.

Unearthly wrote: »

I was thinking that too

• Unearthly wrote: »
    It's a shame really because it does look promising.
    I will get this but not before MGS5,
    Lets hope it's not completely overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• I have a feeling this is going to be the first 'singularity' of this gen.
    Hidden gem that suffered because of a AAA title

Hopefully the critics don't let mgs v get to there heads and review this objectively aslo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

but why is there no reviews yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's been about a month since I mentioned how good RAGE was..... this looks like that.... but less good.... RAGE was class.

Mick might be right, this would probably score higher if it was NOT a Movie Tie-in

Advertisement