Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Is it all one map, or broken down in sections? That was the one thing about Shadow of Mordor that i didn't like.

Just after getting it for 19 squid for PC. Cheap as chips.

it's in sections, same as mordor - bargain at that price, nice one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

17 on g2play for PC, really tempted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's like this. If you enjoyed Far Cry or Assassins Creed as well as the driving elements from something like Borderlands but with some tactical vehicle combat, then take the plunge. I know it's possibly going to feel a bit grindy at later stages to get enough scrap to upgrade all the things, but I'm hoping the the game will reward exploring and see to it that you have enough.

It's a big, big map and there's usually something you'll come across to distract you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

17 on g2play for PC, really tempted.

Was €21 on G2A, couldnt resist for a price in this region. Just hoping the car engine has a lovely V8 roar :D

Well, potential spoilers ahead - talking about a thing that happens in the second mission of the game maybe...
    You start with a V6, but Max makes a very firm point of insisting that the car needs a V8 and so you will be getting one at some stage
    :D

I find myself wanting to get home from work and get stuck back into it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Downloading now, couldnt resist at 19 euro! I can see thr price rocketing soon. Only 24 gb download, nice! Should get to play it before christmas with my mothers bandwidth!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Picked up this and Pillars of Eternity Season pass last night. Looking forward to playing it when I get home from work. And for the weekend. Some times being on call can have unexpected benefits. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

where is a good place to buy this, was 19 on gta but 25+ vat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got it on Kinguin. As was said earlier, it was a risky buy at 17 as indications were that it was going to be bad. Now that it's getting good reviews, I would expect the price to go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I grabbed Mad Max & the Season pass for pillars for 30 inc VAt and protection yesterday on kinguin. Seen as the PoE Pass was 24€ on its own on steam, i thought that was well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

For anyone that has bought this on G2A via Paypal, check your account. When I bought this they signed me up for a monthly subscription for €1.60 for their "Shield" protection without my knowledge.

I've since cancelled it but it's very shady on their part to be signing people up to things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

jcrowbar wrote: »
    For anyone that has bought this on G2A via Paypal, check your account. When I bought this they signed me up for a monthly subscription for €1.60 for their "Shield" protection without my knowledge.

I've since cancelled it but it's very shady on their part to be signing people up to things like this.
    It's a tick box on the website when you're checking out as far as i know...

We talking KBM or controller for this game??

I'm using KBM, but I'd imagine it behaves quite well with the controller (am thinking I might Controller for the driving).

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Taylor365 wrote: »
    It's a tick box on the website when you're checking out as far as i know...

It is, but from previous experience it always seemed as a once off extra charge included when buying a game.

The monthly subscription is new to my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

We talking KBM or controller for this game??

I've been using a controller from the beginning, but i was a console player before a pc player, so that's my preference. It plays grand on it, just takes a bit of getting used to the buttons on the default setting.

I've 24 hours done, have 1 of 5 sections of Gutgash's territories left to do, haven't progressed beyond that yet (there's something blocking you, i haven't done that main mission yet, and won't until i finish off Gutgash's territory).

Even though i'm starting to feel the grind, i don't mind just yet. Everything is working towards making everything better, so that's why i'm still at it.

I will say one thing though, i've only 2 of 4 areas explored, and i'm already at max everything for Max, ie: full health, armor, fists, etc. Something tells me the game will get considerably harder fairly soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Lone Stone wrote: »
    where is a good place to buy this, was 19 on gta but 25+ vat

€15.39 plus dlc

I bought Witcher 3 off of them before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Strongly thinking of buying this. As other then Gears of War when ever that comes in the post there is really notting for me to play to Rock band 4.

So as i am a huge Fan of Borderlands and like the Batman games and quite like the fighting in Batman would i like this game then ?.

As i can pick it up for about 24 pound for the Xbox one from Amazon as i have Credit on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i got it for like 17 or 18 euro on pc, enjoying it so far, enjoying it more than metal gear the place looks cool as feck for a desert i dont think i would be to pleased if i paid full retail console price tho hmmm. dont see how it got a 5/6 rating in some reviews from what ive done so far anyway.

I've been stuck in for the last few hours, it continues to keep me happy. I'm doing a wave of "clear the territory" and so have been hitting camps and my first convoy. I did a race too which was easy so I guess will get progressively harder as time goes on.

So yea, no surprises, no complaints. The world is the most engaging bit and by giving you the loot locations, they make sure you see it.

Did anyone see the cinematic capture mode that let's a second player take a controller and move the camera for reasons? Nice idea for any budding Machinima peeps out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

got my first archangel class car last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Skerries wrote: »
    €15.39 plus dlc

I bought Witcher 3 off of them before
    Not fond of that ID check though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just started playing this now.Enjoying it so far but i've only played about an hour. Helps i just replayed Arkham Asylum as the hand to hand combat is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

been playing sice thursday, great game so far.

Cliffs on any tips or tricks ITT?

One handy one, whenever in a camp or what ever press and hold L3 and it will show you how much scrap, insignia etc are left to collect in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

One handy one, whenever in a camp or what ever press and hold L3 and it will show you how much scrap, insignia etc are left to collect in that area.

X on pc to do the same.

My game keeps crashing :( it's driving my cpu up to 100 percent usage :(

Time to turn off vsync etc I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I had to really scale the graphics down to get it to run on my laptop. It's quite a demanding game graphics wise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Absolutely loving this game! Have actually played more of this than MGSV (That game does seem awesome though)

The scale is so vast because they've not got huge amounts of stuff in it, but that's cool :)

I've nearly squared away all of Jeet's lands, am thinking of doing Gutgash's before I open The Jaw.

• Advertisement

So I may or may not have half the cores switched off on my cpu, I can neither confirm or deny but it's running real nice now :) awesome game. Really is

Now I wonder how long my cores have been switched off?!

Advertisement