Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

barely but yeah, (ctrl on pc) makes him jump around 4 inches on the spot or slightly forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

barely but yeah, (ctrl on pc) makes him jump around 4 inches on the spot or slightly forwards
    Doesn't do much. You can get stuck in a hell of a lot of places where the only way out is death or reload...

• Can't wait to pick this up, can anyone comment on the consoles versions for me? As in graphics / performance wise

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

Couple places you need it as well if going for scrap/relics. I only found out about it because I was trying to get a piece of scrap on top of a mountain and realised I cant just walk up here need to jump up to next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I'm well behind in terms of objectives done. Have 30 hours in and only fully cleared jeets Territory, and most of gutgashes. Some of pink eyes and just picked up my v8.

Very underwhelmed by the edition of power from high end v6 to second from stock v8. I'm afraid to keep upgrading it without handling as it kicks like a mule when turning.

Need to knock more weight off so thinking of getting rid of my side bars all together.

But still very happy in all with a 14 euro game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Doesn't do much. You can get stuck in a hell of a lot of places where the only way out is death or reload...

Fast Travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Playing this at the moment on the xbox one to me the game is very meh after about maybe 6 hours of playing.

There is some load of Frame rate drops on the xbox one version its nuts where the frame rate has went down to single numbers where there is to many war boys /outlaws on the screen to fight.

The fighting is not like batman at all and i have found quite a few times i have pressed Y and notting has happened so its driving me a bit up the walls with that.

The open world is very very boring and died i know its a wasteland like mad max but other then the odd car there is no life what so ever in it.

Also i find as i am major fan of the films Max speaks way to much in this game !!!!.

To me its a 6 out of 10. I went in after playing Gears Of war Remastered and after the fun i had in that game i am not getting it here at all. I know its a totally different kind of game but as open world games go its a bland as Watch Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I had the same problem, but it's the game mechanic. If you are doing a heavy blow, pressing Y will do nothing. It's more of a timing thing than just mashing the buttons as well. In Shadow of Mordor, & Batman I think, no matter what you're doing pressing y will go straight to block, unlike this game. I got very frustrated at the beginning, but once I knew this, it changed my combat for the better. Hope this helps ya beat the C**p outta them;-) There's loads of places and caves to get scrap from all over the wasteland, and strongholds to take over, hop in a balloon and survey the area, that'll bring them up on the map. As for frame rate drops, I'm running an R9270 & Fx6300 which is mid range PC and I'm getting 60fps no problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I had the same problem, but it's the game mechanic. If you are doing a heavy blow, pressing Y will do nothing. It's more of a timing thing than just mashing the buttons as well. In Shadow of Mordor, & Batman I think, no matter what you're doing pressing y will go straight to block, unlike this game. I got very frustrated at the beginning, but once I knew this, it changed my combat for the better. Hope this helps ya beat the C**p outta them;-) There's loads of places and caves to get scrap from all over the wasteland, and strongholds to take over, hop in a balloon and survey the area, that'll bring them up on the map. As for frame rate drops, I'm running an R9270 & Fx6300 which is mid range PC and I'm getting 60fps no problem...

Yeah getting the same fps with the same card and processor. I do get spikes at times with the frames but rarely. I'm glad I kept using kbm for this game, think it adds to the fluidity.

Off topic:

I suffer from a weird problem with my rig at the moment where when I boot up, the game is like it's on steroids, everything is really fast and cut scenes are all over the shop. Think iv narrowed it down the the graphics card as arma and dayz run perfectly. Means that when I start my computer I have to hit restart to fix it.
    AMD told me to go back to my vendor but that's hardwareversand and I have no confidence in them any longer. Do we have a troubleshooting forum on boards for this sort of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Do we have a troubleshooting forum on boards for this sort of stuff?

try in here

• Advertisement

I am playing it on the Xbox one so only have to hope for a patch to fix the FPS problem LoL.

• I'm going to post my detailed opinions on the game soon enough but in short;
    10 hours in and I'm having more fun than I having with 30+ hours of MGS 5

Not sure why everyone is having issues with the X1 version, I'm having no problems with FPS.
    To note: The PS4 version performs worse than the X1;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-mad-max-performance-analysis

Some fun Max was having the other night....
    zfX4Z1.jpg
    Keep your head down in the storm, cars flying all over the place!!!!
    mkgvkr.jpg

After 2 weeks I am still playing this game and I really have no idea why as I still can't work out if I like it or not or just playing it as I have Notting else to play ?.

So far I am in the 3rd act is there much more left to do ?. Story wise ?. As I have just been doing all the side things for the past week and Lv up max and my car

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

After 2 weeks I am still playing this game and I really have no idea why as I still can't work out if I like it or not or just playing it as I have Notting else to play ?.

So far I am in the 3rd act is there much more left to do ?. Story wise ?. As I have just been doing all the side things for the past week and Lv up max and my car
    I dumped it last night for Kerbal Space Program to tide me over until the good stuff.

It was a good effort for a game of a film but its just too boring now, it has the open world sandbox disease thats in too many games these days and I want to take a break from that kind of thing before Just cause 3.

Thargor wrote: »
    I dumped it last night for Kerbal Space Program to tide me over until the good stuff.

It was a good effort for a game of a film but its just too boring now, it has the open world sandbox disease thats in too many games these days and I want to take a break from that kind of thing before Just cause 3.
    Ah KSP...have only traversed Mun and Minumus but still have 60+ hours on it. Can't for the life of me figure out how to slow down for the rest of the planets! :D

I too am sick of the 'need to acquire 100% before leaving a camp or i fell like I've failed life' type of gameplay. I'm trying to make progress on the main campaign but it just keeps saying i need to put tires on my jack.

WTF's a jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Taylor365 wrote: »

WTF's a jack?

The Archangel build of the car. Go to garage, press F and you get the archangel builds. Check what you are missing.

• I'm steering clear of the grinding unless I have too.
    Belt through the main missions, I'm hoping when I complete the game then I can tip away and do the grindy ****e.

Not going to post my thoughts until I'm finished the main game.

I'm having a blast with this game. Just cleared Jeets 100% and have made a good whack into Gutgashes territory. Just opened the Jaw gates but will hold off trudging in until I clear gutgash of everything. I find a couple of hours at a time is great fun, any more can feel tedious, unless I'm kickin some ass all the way through:-) To alleviate the 'grind' feel, I set a project to collect and clear anything on the way to and from it instead of just clearing all scrap / scarecrows through the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finally finished this today. Storys all done (
    was gutted to see Chumbucket and the Magnum Opus die at the end
    ) as well as reduced all threat to 0. Not going to bother trying to collect all the scrap and relics.

While i really enjoyed the first 15-20 hours but got bored for the final 20. Thought it was decent but not amazing in the end. Could have done with being shorter and a bit more structured. Wouldn't mind a sequel if they imporved on it though.

• Advertisement

Ended up trading my copy into today got the money I paid back for it so I am happy out.

1st time in a while that I just gave up on finishing the game got to the gas town races and I was board off my ass at that stage and did nit care for the story at all. The must fun for me was just getting the camps as you fell reword when you get one of them done. But other then that if it came out later in the year I wouldn't have bought the game at all.

I would give it a 6.5 out of 10 the idea is great but if they make a 2nd one I hope it fixes what's wrong with this or maybe I am just burned out from open world games ?.

But to be fair I have been playing Disney infinity and I find that a lot more fun then this lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I got a good five or six hours out of this game, more or less upgraded all of Jeets stronghold and then got moved onto another stronghold. It just seems to be rinse and repeat. Is it the same pattern throughout the game? That'll get fairly boring.

It's a good game, looks great and it's a bit of craic zipping around and upgrading the car, but i can see it getting repetitive fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got bored and gave up myself, playing Kerbal Space Program now.

Figured out what a jack is and now am ploughing through the main mission ignoring everything else.

Literally went from Gutash stronghold to Pink Eyes in 2 missions, probably over the course of 20 mins. Be finished the game in 2 hours at this rate....

Might set up a speed run and see how quick it can be done ignoring the '$hite'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im loving this game the open wasteland is cool to explore when you go underground in certain parts

as usual though it has the repetitive side quests which i aim to avoid except the story is telling me to do some of it to progress:rolleyes:

i dont mind them being there but dont tell me to do side stuff to progress in the main quest thats so annoying and just extra EXTRA padding:mad:

but I do like the game and am finding it more entertaining than mgsv

so whats the quickest way to gain scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

biggebruv wrote: »
    so whats the quickest way to gain scrap

Build the Cleanup Crew (auto-loots destroyed enemy vehicles) and Scrap Crews (gives you scrap while the game is off, but you have to be online) projects in the strongholds. Also stealing Scrapulances and driving them back to the nearest friendly stronghold.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Scrap Crews (gives you scrap while the game is off, but you have to be online)

Scrap Crews are a load of b*ll**. :P You get a few hundred tops. Probably better off increasing what ever skill gives you extra scrap and then doing all the Camps....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

do both..

• Advertisement

still enjoying it but its pissing me off how every main mission is getting locked behind doing stupid side ****

I wanna come home and make progress in the main game making the optional side stuff a must is very very lazy from the devs

Advertisement