Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just finished this last night.

I've only really enjoyed the last 2 hours of my 17 spent.
    Racing around with Chum makes you a machine of death and way OP. Only started enjoying it when i unlocked the iconic interceptor and started going around solo. A lot more vulnerable and every bit of ammo for the shotgun is a godsend.

Be good if you could restart the campaign with it...a sort of, hardcore mode. 1 life, 1 death and no Griffa!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I couldn't stick it out, good driving but so so boring, good attempt at a game of the film though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

got this on sale yesterday and having a great time with it so far. Hand to hand combats a bit poor but the car is great craic altogether.

good god what a repetitive grindfest this is , up to act 3 with a fair bit of the optional stuff and clearing out done but you have seen everything this to offer in 2 hours, 20 hour game if that with 80 hours extra if do all the side stuff and clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I enjoyed it but after I had cleared 2 of the 4 areas I just went to end game to get it over with

• Advertisement

• Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I enjoyed it but after I had cleared 2 of the 4 areas I just went to end game to get it over with

I'd say I'm 50% through the game

Can you complete the other stuff after game completion? I was gonna fire it up again today as it's till ion my backlog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Yes you can carry on after finishing the story missions. I reduced the threat in all the regions but couldnt be bothered trying to collect all the scrap. Didnt feel worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd say I'm 50% through the game

Can you complete the other stuff after game completion? I was gonna fire it up again today as it's till ion my backlog

Jayus Mick you must have a bigger backlog than me :D

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    Jayus Mick you must have a bigger backlog than me :D

Yes it's shocking bad, even worse its across multiple systems including retro consoles :/

• So finished this yesterday. It actually was a better play once I ignored the padding and drove on with the missions.

I love how they handled the ending,
    Chase section was class, especially all the flashbacks and people talking in his head as he's killing everyone
    I actually really liked the story to be honest. Stayed completly faithful to the Mad Max movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So finished this yesterday. It actually was a better play once I ignored the padding and drove on with the missions.

I love how they handled the ending,
    Chase section was class, especially all the flashbacks and people talking in his head as he's killing everyone
    I actually really liked the story to be honest. Stayed completly faithful to the Mad Max movies.

Its In my backlog as well , ive formulated a plan to start getting through it though, but tomb raider is first on the list.

Its In my backlog as well , ive formulated a plan to start getting through it though, but tomb raider is first on the list.

Meant to reply to Mick when he asked about completing side stuff once finished main game and forgot but seeing as you haven't started I'll give you some advice so you might avoid the issues I had going for 100% and completing the challenges.

They are not impossible but some are much more difficult and time consuming to do if you have reduced threat in the areas to 0 due to enemies dying up and so try to have a read through them and be aware of them and do them as you go, 90% will come naturally but ones like killing 15 jumpers with boarding spikes and killing certain vehicles while driving a certain vehicle are a royal pain in rear if you have reduced the threat and taken out all the convoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

tempted play this.anyone play it lately? any improvement?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

brady12 wrote: »
    tempted play this.anyone play it lately? any improvement?

It's limited, but also good fun. I really enjoyed my time with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

I really enjoyed Mad Max, thought it was a great game if a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cracking game. Played through it again recently and still holds up. Was overlooked at the time which was a shame as I'd be day 1 for a sequel. Just a note though, there are some trophies which are glitched so if you're a Plat hunter, you may not be able to get it through no fault of your own. Still recommended though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

As above, excellent game and have played through it a couple of times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

thanks lads .enough positive feedback that iv ordered this.

Advertisement