Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Brokers! Any recommendations?

Options
  • 15-07-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So we've applied for a mortgage with Ulster Bank who have come back today saying they have changed their credit system. Surprise! So now will only lend 80-85%. Which is way too low for us. Also rang EBS who claim they are lending up to 92% but you have to save €1,700 a month for 6 months to be eligible.

So I have looked around at brokers today just to see what they can do. One is charging €195 up front, and €295 if we get approval.

If I part with our cash it's a gamble but I'm willing to see if they can secure us a mortgage.

Does anyone have any recommendations/advise please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Chin_Up wrote: »
    So we've applied for a mortgage with Ulster Bank who have come back today saying they have changed their credit system. Surprise! So now will only lend 80-85%. Which is way too low for us. Also rang EBS who claim they are lending up to 92% but you have to save €1,700 a month for 6 months to be eligible.

So I have looked around at brokers today just to see what they can do. One is charging €195 up front, and €295 if we get approval.

If I part with our cash it's a gamble but I'm willing to see if they can secure us a mortgage.

Does anyone have any recommendations/advise please?

Thanks

Send a PM to 'Killers1' of this parish, you won't regret it. He has countless recommendations on boards and for good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

I second marketty-talk to killian and he'll advice you as to the best way to get your mortgage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

Sorry to hijack the thread but we are going through the same problem with aib. Could you also send me details of a reliable mortgage broker? Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Nclarke29

We'v dealt with a guy called killian sullivan from fresh finance, he was incredibly helpful and so quick to respond. Mortgage approved and ready to go. Cant rate him highly enough. Contact details are Office Phone No. 01-5034366
    Fax No. 01-6105400
    Mobile 087-6783962
    Email: killian@freshfinance.ie
    Web: www.freshfinance.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Yep, i also recommend that you contact Killian, aka Killars1 on this forum. I live on the opposite side of the country and have done everything via email and phone and he has been fantastic and really prompt to reply to calls, emails etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement