Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iCloud Find my iPhone - Lost mode

• 15-07-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Slightly different to the last lost iPhone query - but just wondering if anyone has used the iCloud ‘find my iphone’ option and could assist please? We arrived in Portugal today on holidays & after about 2 hours in the hotel realised that my wife’s iphone 5 was missing. We’ve searched the room & also rang the transfer company who were very helpful & rang me back saying they had contacted the driver who had searched the car but hadn’t found it. It hasn’t been handed into the hotel either.

I’ve used the ‘find my iphone’ option online previously & it does locate the device, but now it’s saying “offline”. Would this be because we are on a foreign network now maybe, or does GPS have to be turned on? I was thinking of putting it on “Lost Mode” - would that do anything different in terms of tracking the device? I don’t want to wipe it yet or do anything drastic yet without trying a few options. It’s still ringing out unanswered & going to voicemail.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Make sure there is credit on it to receive data. If you knock data roaming of before you got there you will not be able to track it.

Advertisement