Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercolour Tattoos-Suggest an Artist?

• 15-07-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Apologies if this is in the wrong place! Move me!

I'm looking to get a watercolour carnation on my ribs soon enough. I have the artwork in progress, my cousin is an unreal artist and he's painting at the minute.
    I'm in need of an artist who will be able to do this piece justice. I've three tattoos already and they are sub-par standard at best. One is being re-worked in August. I want it on my ribs/side, not massive, but not tiny either.
    I've had a chat with a couple of artists and Remi has been suggested to me, so I'm going to contact him. I was wondering if you all had any suggestions for other artists in Dublin/Leinster?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jess.becks

I too am getting a tattoo i was recomended kris barnas in wildcat ink,sean kelly in snakebite,colour works and spilled ink.skin city are also highly recomended but are very expensive depends what you wana spend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

jess.becks wrote: »
    I too am getting a tattoo i was recomended kris barnas in wildcat ink,sean kelly in snakebite,colour works and spilled ink.skin city are also highly recomended but are very expensive depends what you wana spend

I'm looking for a specific artist for mine. Not many artists do watercolour work so I'm limited!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

kellief wrote: »
    I'm looking for a specific artist for mine. Not many artists do watercolour work so I'm limited!

Watercolour tattoos are just basically tattoos without the black outlines.Any artist that's any way decent should be able to do it.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Watercolour tattoos are just basically tattoos without the black outlines.Any artist that's any way decent should be able to do it.

A couple I was talking to said they weren't the style they were into, which I appreciate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Gene Coffey if you fancy travelling to New York.

On the local side, Rob Mulligan has done a few watercolour bits recently and said it's a style he enjoys.

• Advertisement

Great, Rob is actually on my list to contact! He's the only person I've seen do a watercolour so far!
    I have one bad tattoo, it's not happening again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sean in Snakebite did a couple of watercolour style tattoos on a long time poster here too, tread_softly. There are black lines, as the characters are meant to have them, but you can see the watercolour paint type effects clearly. Beautiful tattoos.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81849017&postcount=361

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Redpoxx

Snip.

There's full threads on studios, I'm looking for particular artist's people could recommend. Thanks though. I'll look up Sean too, thanks Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Rob Mulligan also did this one on a boardsie -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=515226428524826&set=a.515225888524880.1073741828.147865475260925&type=1&theater

Looks like you have a few good artists to choose from :)

• Advertisement

I'll check the facebook link later, I have it blocked on my PC! I have a few names now, thanks!!

Ah, if you have it blocked, here ya go -

dw2nap.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ah, if you have it blocked, here ya go -

That tattoo is beautiful :eek: I've been entertaining the idea of a watercolour for ages... this just made my head explode with ideas!

Wow. :)

That tattoo is beautiful :eek: I've been entertaining the idea of a watercolour for ages... this just made my head explode with ideas!

Wow. :)

I haven't seen a lot of water-colour work in Ireland, but I do think that piece, and the one Damo linked from Sean in Snakebite are quality. Two great artists to go to if you want water-colour style done. :)

My cousin is an incredibly talented watercolour artist, Daire Lynch Art on Facebook, so he's doing a painting for me of a carnation and I hope to get it on my ribs.
    It was this article that got me all excited: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/watercolor-tattoos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

My cousin is an incredibly talented watercolour artist, Daire Lynch Art on Facebook, so he's doing a painting for me of a carnation and I hope to get it on my ribs.
    It was this article that got me all excited: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/watercolor-tattoos

You're not gonna believe me, but that was what stirred my excitement too! :D Me and my friend were chatting about it for ages picking out our favourites. Some of them are divine!!

They really are amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Rachel in Wildcat Stephen's Green posted this on her Facebook yesterday.

994204_599172933436318_2104710678_n.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Big fan of warecolour style tattoos. Love Gene Coffey and Ivana Tattoo art the work they produce is stunning.

But plenty of artists in Ireland are well capable of producing top quality works :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I really love Ondrash's work. He would be my top choice for watercolour but I definitely agree there are plenty of artists in Ireland who can do pieces like that justice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

sorry to just jump in ! but i was looking at this style and the shop werent too keen on doing it ! they just explained about outline not being there and negative space ? i kinda got what they were saying! im still a huge fan of the shop but i may go look elsewhere ! some of those are great .

aodhan2 wrote: »
    sorry to just jump in ! but i was looking at this style and the shop werent too keen on doing it ! they just explained about outline not being there and negative space ? i kinda got what they were saying! im still a huge fan of the shop but i may go look elsewhere ! some of those are great .

What shop?? There are a lot of tattoo studios in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

What shop?? There are a lot of tattoo studios in Dublin.

Id rather not say as i have no problem recommending them again and using them again , perhaps on this style they just werent keen and i shall look further afield ! Im well aware there are alot of tattoo shops in dublin , its finding the right one for you thats the trick!

aodhan2 wrote: »
    Id rather not say as i have no problem recommending them again and using them again , perhaps on this style they just werent keen and i shall look further afield ! Im well aware there are alot of tattoo shops in dublin , its finding the right one for you thats the trick!

Fair enough. If you could PM me the name, so I know that they are on the "not interested in watercolour" list I'm building?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Sean in Snakebite did a couple of watercolour style tattoos on a long time poster here too, tread_softly. There are black lines, as the characters are meant to have them, but you can see the watercolour paint type effects clearly. Beautiful tattoos.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81849017&postcount=361

Aw thanks for thinking of mine Damo :3

Yeah, Seán is very talented with watercolour style, here's another Okami piece he did on my arm:

196641_10151165790360792_601194663_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

That's one of my favourite tattoos I've seen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

That is nice,

there are a lot of those tattoos on this site
    http://freshlyinkedmag.com/features/ondrash/

Ondrash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm mad about these tattoos! :) Defo want one, no idea what yet but I defo do! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm mad about these tattoos! :) Defo want one, no idea what yet but I defo do! :)

Same as myself have toyed with the idea of a dia de los muertos tattoo done watercolour style.

Advertisement