Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watercolour Tattoos-Suggest an Artist?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

aodhan2 wrote: »
    sorry to just jump in ! but i was looking at this style and the shop werent too keen on doing it ! they just explained about outline not being there and negative space ? i kinda got what they were saying! im still a huge fan of the shop but i may go look elsewhere ! some of those are great .

I had a convo with an artist recently who was against watercolour due it's limitations on longevity, i.e. looking crap in a year or 2. I'd hope that's not the case as I love watercolour pieces! In fairness though, they are known for their solid linework and vibrant colouring so watercolour wouldn't be their thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Did you find anyone in Ireland yet who can match the watercolour work of some of the well known watercolour tattoo artists abroad? My personal favourite to date is the Czech artist Musa.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=musa+czech+tattoo+artist&client=ms-android-hms-vf-ie&hl=en&source=android-launcher-widget&v=141400000&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Nkc2UqvoD_KO7QaIiYGwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&dpr=1.5&biw=320&bih=456&sei=YUc2UuesC8ev7AaS84HABA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

if you like his work that much, then you should go to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

imokyrok wrote: »
    Did you find anyone in Ireland yet who can match the watercolour work of some of the well known watercolour tattoo artists abroad? My personal favourite to date is the Czech artist Musa.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=musa+czech+tattoo+artist&client=ms-android-hms-vf-ie&hl=en&source=android-launcher-widget&v=141400000&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Nkc2UqvoD_KO7QaIiYGwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&dpr=1.5&biw=320&bih=456&sei=YUc2UuesC8ev7AaS84HABA

Musa is talented but there are a number of artists making headway in the area here

Can you mention some names of those who are trying their hand at watercolour work here Ireland? I love the way the style combines strong colour and line wash in a feminine way, Intense but delicate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

imokyrok wrote: »
    Can you mention some names of those who are trying their hand at watercolour work here Ireland? I love the way the style combines strong colour and line wash in a feminine way, Intense but delicate.

If you read back over this thread you will see lots of suggested artists.

Rob Mulligan
    Sean Kealy
    Rachael McCracken
    Kris Barnas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Adiboo wrote: »
    If you read back over this thread you will see lots of suggested artists.

Rob Mulligan
    Sean Kealy
    Rachael McCracken
    Kris Barnas

The same question was asked and answered in the ISYM thread it deja vu all over the place :pac:, had to go back and double check threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The same question was asked and answered in the ISYM thread it deja vu all over the place :pac:, had to go back and double check threads.

They've changed something. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Orim wrote: »
    They've changed something. :eek:

homer-evil-dog.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

+1 for Rachel McCracken, or even Serena Quinn. Both good at watercolour-type from what work I've seen

• Advertisement

Having looked at what samples I can find online for the names mentioned only Serena Quinn seems to have a couple of pieces in the watercolour style. Mind you Rob Mulligan looks versatile enough to handle any request!

If anyone else comes across anything Irish in the style of Musa or Amanda Wachob I'd love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

As pointed out, all the names listed here have done nice watercolours. Some even posted on this forum.

Not searching hard enough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Your heads must be wrecked, it does seem a little gimmicky & trendy, which I fear but I just think it's a beautiful idea and is an exciting step in tattoo art. I have looked through the threads & some tattoo shop galleries/albums. I've seen water colour style filling but I am specifically looking for splash tattoo style. Any one recommend an artist very proficient in this style?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

There are some great artists named in this thread so check them out.

Advertisement