Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available / Share] Student wanted for extra rent - Dublin

Options
  • 15-07-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

hi my friend has decided to rent out the smaller of the 2 spare rooms to a student . starting from next month ish .
    would any of you fellow boardies know of an angency relibable ?
    shes prepeared to cook and clean there clothes too.
    her house is on the top of galtymore road drimnagh near the luas stop:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try contacting the colleges, plc colleges and language schools in the area. They are her best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

teddyteddy wrote: »
    shes prepeared to cook and clean there clothes too.
    Are we talking college students here? Clean their clothes? Seriously? I'd have someone else vet the students, as no offence, but it sounds like she may be taken advantage of, and get a bad deal out of it. I'm sure she wants to provide digs to some first year, but if she offers too much, she'll end up spending more than she's earning.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

the_syco wrote: »
    Are we talking college students here? Clean their clothes? Seriously? I'd have someone else vet the students, as no offence, but it sounds like she may be taken advantage of, and get a bad deal out of it. I'm sure she wants to provide digs to some first year, but if she offers too much, she'll end up spending more than she's earning.

who or what company would you recomend ? if you know of any . shes a good woman and the type who would offer stuff like washing ironing . i told her she would have to bite her tounge so to speak .lol and do minium to what is the norm feed breakfast and dinner heating lighting etc are allreaddy mostly covered in her home from the family members

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

That's actually quite common. It's called 'digs' and usually first years are placed there as a stepping stone from mammy's apron.

Foreign student placements operate in the same way.

OP apply to the accommodation offices of relevant colleges for info, they will point your friend in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are we talking college students here? Clean their clothes? Seriously?

Incredibly common at the regional ITs still (OK, a few years ago - I'm getting old) from people I know personally. I live in a university town and wouldn't know anyone taking or even offering digs; but I know many people who used them for first year in Sligo/Castlebar/Dundalk/Tralee/etc.

Even half a decade ago there were people leaving them halfway through the year for having no net access so that's something to consider. I suspect re-filling halfway through the year would be effectively impossible in digs, and you won't have a tenancy agreement with a licensee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement